Author Topic: Creating a new library copies auto-organize settings  (Read 2882 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just updated to 3.4.7932 P

I created a new library tonight, and I didn't realize until it had scanned about 11,000 tracks that it had copied the auto-organize settings from the previous library. At least 5,000 tracks got moved that shouldn't have been. (Thankfully the ones that were most critical to not lose were saved in locked playlists and I'll be able to get them back in place without too much headache.)

(On a side note, why does it switch tabs to my Music tab every time I change libraries?)
Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 07:05:51 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
could you describe the steps you took to create the new library?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I used the menu at the top of the left panel. I named it and added the folders I wanted to import, one of which is the same folder that the existing library was based on.  This copy of MusicBee is installed on D:, an external drive. It included folders from C: and D:.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
It looks like it was intentional to carry over the current library settings including organisation rules, but to apply the subset of new rules that are captured such as the monitored folders.
One easy thing to do would be to disable auto-organise if it was set, so at least then there is no nasty surprises

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That sounds like a fair solution. And/or maybe there could be an option when creating a library to copy the current library settings?

I especially wish there were a setting at library creation to import files to the inbox instead of directly to the library, although I'm not sure I would have thought to use it in this case.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)