Author Topic: Can't sort by title in Albums and Tracks view  (Read 2908 times)

MusicLover57

Hello, I love MusicBee and have gotten it set up very much to my liking. There is one issue I cannot find a solution to. I am trying to figure out how to sort songs alphabetically by title in the Albums and Tracks view. Here is a screenshot of the problem: https://imgur.com/a/cRTIMBL

The Album Cover view does have the tracks in the album sorted alphabetically by title, how I want it: https://imgur.com/a/AuZlpY6

In Albums and Tracks view, the song sort order for this "Singles" album seem to regularly change on its own and I'm not sure what causes that, but that's not helping either. This is happening only for my "Singles" albums, as they have no track numbers. When I add "track # 1 of 1" to all the Singles songs, nothing changes. Everything has Track Title, Album Artist, Artist, Album, and Year tags. Normal albums are sorted by the track numbers so they aren't a concern.

I have tried the following:
Edit > Preferences > Sorting / Grouping > Sorting, to "1: Album (Desc) / Title (Desc)" and also "1: Album (Desc) 2: Title (Desc)".
Right click at the top of main panel > Sort By > Define Custom Sorting, to "1: Album (Desc) / Title (Desc)" and also "1: Album (Desc) 2: Title (Desc)".
Not finding anything helpful in View > Arrange Panel > Main Panel > Panel Settings > "..." > "View Configuration".

Any ideas?

Zak

• Global Moderator
It almost looks like when MusicBee runs out of sorting tags to apply, it just displays any remaining tracks in a semi-random order.

Try adding <Disc-Track#> and <Title> to your sorting fields so that MusicBee always has a tag value to sort on.

Unrelated, but why does this artist have so many songs starting with "I"? Don't they know anyone else?
Bee excellent to each other...

MusicLover57

Thanks for your help, I was able to figure it out. I wasn't understanding how the sort order worked. I thought by setting the "Define Custom Sort Order" that it applied the setting. It just adds the setting to the list of "Sort By" options you get for the main panel when right clicking the top header, so you then have to "Sort By" that option. "Sort By > Album / Disc-Track# / Title" works for me now in the Album and Tracks view.

Now that you point out the songs starting with "I", that is funny! I like the artist (Kayou.) for their anime OST remixes. I just chose him since it's the largest list of singles in my library.