Author Topic: Is Tempo Control lossless?  (Read 1658 times)

asdasdasd223

For example, changing the tempo or pitch in other programs like Audacity typically reduces the quality by quite a lot while also taking a long time. But with Tempo Control, we can just do it instantly. Is there any downside to it at all?
Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 08:08:47 PM by asdasdasd223

hiccup

It can't be lossless. Any processing will have to change bits.
It will be hard to decide how bad the deterioration is, because you can't compare the altered result with anything else one-on-one.
Your ears will have to be the judge if it's o.k. or not.
But most people will use this feature to be able to play along with a song on their musical instrument, and they won't worry much about some regression of sound quality.

PedroDaugherty

It's been a long time, but i have Tempo Control a whirl, and I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised! It's super quick and doesn't mess with the quality. Honestly, I haven't found a downside to it yet – been using it for a bunch of projects.

ahmadus

I know my reply is a bit late, but your post caught my attention. From what I've found, while Tempo Control is pretty amazing, there might still be a tiny loss of quality. But don't worry, it's usually not noticeable to the average ear! On a slightly different note, I'm currently diving into recording my tracks. And I wanted to ask for any recommendations for concertinas for sale. I use this unique instrument in my music, and I'm on the lookout for an upgrade to improve recording quality and get that perfect sound.
Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 09:26:23 AM by ahmadus