Author Topic: Random pauses while playing  (Read 2519 times)

garyvp71

This had only started happening since I upgraded to Windows 10 (just recently) on a new machine.  While playing, the player will randomly pause playback for between 0.5 and 2 seconds before continuing.  I've closed all other applications and stopped as many background processes as possible and it still does it, whether the MB window is in focus or not.  Happens with the full screen player and the compact player (only two I use).  It seems to happen once every 30 minutes or so, but it's not a regular occurance.

Any thoughts?

Gary
If it's not baroque, don't fix it.

frankz

If you can tie this to a windows update it's not a Musicbee bug.

I'd suggest it's a driver issue and you should look at updating or changing drivers. Maybe run through the Musicbee player settings and see if fine tuning  anything there makes a difference with driver compatibility.

sveakul

Also:  have you updated to the latest version of MusicBee, including applying the update patch available from phred or psychoadept's post signatures?  And the oldie-but-goodie, have you whitelisted all MusicBee folders on any antivirus you may be using?

phred

• Global Moderator
the update patch available from phred or psychoadept's post signatures?
For reference
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

garyvp71

I do have the newest version from the download area.  I will check on the patches and I will check on the whitelisting, and the driver version.  After reading these suggestions, the driver issue seems the most likely.
If it's not baroque, don't fix it.