Author Topic: Kryptonite Dark  (Read 7578 times)

Ingo_Igel

I started this little project for myself, but it turned out so well that I wanted to share it with you.
This theme is based on the Windows 10 dark theme colours and a touch of Winamp Classic.

--> Download v 1.1

Installation instructions:
Place the file in your Musicbee/Skins folder and select it in Musicbee by going to View > Skins.

Information: Changing the colour variables in the xml file will not change all the icon colours.

Known Bugs/Issues:

Update 1.1
- New entries added and obsolete entries removed to match MusicBee version 3.5.
- Restructured the entries to match the latest version of hiccup's sample skin for easier debugging.

Update 1.0
- New suitable "LargeTick" image
- New suitable "OpticalDriveIcon" image
- Cleand up code

Update 0.9.3
- New suitable "CheckTick" image
- New suitable "CheckTickDisabled" image

Update 0.9.2
- "Controls.ProgressBar" elements have been commented out.

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback.

ENJOY AND HAVE FUN!

---
Thanks to hiccup for his Sample Skin
Thanks to Muvikui for the no album art (CC-BY-SA 4.0)
Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 08:21:23 PM by Ingo_Igel

hiccup

Thanks for sharing your work!
(and welcome to the forum)

Known Bugs/Issues:
- "IconColourOverride.Default" is overriding the colour of the chekmarks in the menus.
- If the Track Information is selected in the now playing bar at the bottom panel, I have no idea how to change the font colour.
- I don't know how I could test the three "Controls.ProgressBar" elements or where I find them in Musikbee.

1. If you want to override the checkmark, you need to use a 16x16px image file, encode it to base64, and copy it in your skin.xml under 'images' as  <element id="CheckTick">
   (a forum search should lead you to how that can be done)
    You will probably also want to define others such as "CheckTickDisabled", and "LargeTick". (for the Panel Configuration panel)

2. Over the years, the functionality of that panel has changed a little bit, and I am not completely sure how it is controlled at the moment, but far as I know the text colour is auto-generated depending on the background colour.

3. These are obsolete (as far as I know)
   If you check the paragraph at line #10 of my sample skin you can read my current understanding/handling of those.
Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 06:53:55 PM by hiccup

Ingo_Igel

Thanks for sharing your work!
(and welcome to the forum)

Known Bugs/Issues:
- "IconColourOverride.Default" is overriding the colour of the chekmarks in the menus.
- If the Track Information is selected in the now playing bar at the bottom panel, I have no idea how to change the font colour.
- I don't know how I could test the three "Controls.ProgressBar" elements or where I find them in Musikbee.

1. If you want to override the checkmark, you need to use a 16x16px image file, encode it to base64, and copy it in your skin.xml under 'images' as  <element id="CheckTick">
   (a forum search should lead you to how that can be done)
    You will probably also want to define others such as "CheckTickDisabled", and "LargeTick". (for the Panel Configuration panel)

2. Over the years, the functionality of that panel has changed a little bit, and I am not completely sure how it is controlled at the moment, but far as I know the text colour is auto-generated depending on the background colour.

3. These are obsolete (as far as I know)
   If you check the paragraph at line #10 of my sample skin you can read my current understanding/handling of those.

Thank you for your help hiccup.
I added/deleted everything as mentioned.

IndigoFairyX

i love this skin. ive been trying to trying to edit it with my own color tweaks. im not a coder, this the first skin.xml ive everworked won. i keep breakting the buttons somehow. i think that more to do code bewteen  how the prefs panel & metadata panel & menu options relate to each other in the elements ids. but i dont really know either. i started a tread about it over here

Ingo_Igel

I'm glad you like the skin and I've seen that you've already solved your problem.