Author Topic: File Organiser options are suddenly all greyed out  (Read 1400 times)

asdasdasd223

Which file in Musicbee's folder controls File Organiser's settings? I'd like to reset it to default. Auto-organization still works properly with the rules I had before, but I can't change any of them anymore.

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Please post a screenshot of the grayed-out options.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

asdasdasd223

Steven

• Administrator
if you have auto-organise enabled in the Library preferences, and try to manually organise a file thats in your music library then the settings cannot be changed in the manual organisation dialog ie, you can only change the auto-organise rules in the library preferences

asdasdasd223

if you have auto-organise enabled in the Library preferences, and try to manually organise a file thats in your music library then the settings cannot be changed in the manual organisation dialog ie, you can only change the auto-organise rules in the library preferences

I wasn't trying to manually organize, I just like to use ctrl+r to go straight to the auto-organize settings. Any reason it's necessary to prevent change to the settings using ctrl+r? Is this a recent change or has it always been like this? Coulda sworn I used to be able to change it with that hotkey. But it's been probably been 6+ months since I had to edit those settings.

If I'm remembering wrong, could you please tell me what the hotkey is to go straight to the auto-organize settings rather than the manual organization window? I don't see it when searching in the hotkey settings. If there isn't one, could you add it to the next update please?

phred

• Global Moderator
If I'm remembering wrong, could you please tell me what the hotkey is to go straight to the auto-organize settings rather than the manual organization window? I don't see it when searching in the hotkey settings. If there isn't one, could you add it to the next update please?
There is no default hotkey for auto-organize. As a matter of fact, there is no default action for auto-organize.
Go to hotkey preferences and search for organise. and you'll see the three available actions, two of which have default hotkeys.

Auto-organize can be enabled/disabled in Preferences > Library > music library. But again, there is no hotkey for it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here