Author Topic: new user  (Read 1017 times)

phoenix1971

i have just got musicbee and loving it so far,but i am in despare need of help regarding adding and sorting new tracks,i have music,videos and ausiobooks,whichi want in separate folders ,i then want to sort into album artist.ihave been using jriver and itunes,but just like the look of musicbee and just need to get over this final hurdle,i just want a idiots guide to doing it,(i think i have sorted out the folder to look in for new stuff,just need to organise it) thanks in advance

frankz

You have been asking and having this same question answered for 5 years.

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19164
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=31386
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=33248

There is no other information besides the information with which you've already been provided.

phoenix1971

and for 5 years i have been trying to work out how to do it, and i wont stop asking till i can understand it, isnt that the whole point of forums?

phred

• Global Moderator
Perhaps you can't understand it, but you don't answer questions when they're asked of you. Forums are a two way street. We're all willing to help, but often answers to specific questions are necessary in order to help.

Didn't you have this same question four years ago?

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19164

I don't think we can help any more than we already have without some specifics. Have you tried selecting, say, one album and using the file organization command? Or right click > send to > move files to organized folder? (Which is basically the same thing)
I took a quick look at the three threads frankz referenced and while people have asked you questions, you never seem to respond. So you can keep on ignoring the request for more information, and we will keep on ignoring you. Or you can answer the questions, and provide some specifics, and maybe you'll get some help.

If you've been using MB for four or five years and have spent some time on the forum and the wiki, you could have found your own solutions.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phoenix1971

i havent been using music for 4 or 5 years ,i keep moving to different programs such as itunes or jriver, and keep coming back to see if i can sort it, and i never got a email to say i had a question to answer ,i have now worked out how to be alerted to replies but apologies for wanting some help

phred

• Global Moderator
No need to apologize for wanting/needing help. You should reread the three threads frankz referenced in this thread and your answers are there. If you still need help, ask specific questions telling us exactly what it is you want to do and what you have done so far that hasn't worked.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phoenix1971

thank you and i will,but like i said i want to import music like itunes ,a specific folder where it will import into the library and also moves the files into the main library and sorted by album artist  /album/track title ,and just need some idiot guidance howe to set it all up,otherwise i might to go back to itunes, and i really dont want that.

frankz

thank you and i will,but like i said i want to import music like itunes ,a specific folder where it will import into the library and also moves the files into the main library and sorted by album artist  /album/track title ,and just need some idiot guidance howe to set it all up,otherwise i might to go back to itunes, and i really dont want that.

Those are not specific questions.  There isn't even a question in the entire post. It was also requested that you explain what you've tried. That's not there either.

That's like saying "Tell me how to do everything." There is something that does tell you how to do everything:  The Wiki page you were directed to before. There is no simpler description because it isn't a simple process.

Believe me when I'm saying that this is meant in the most gentle way possible - after 5 years worth of tries and frustration, maybe you're better off with iTunes. Everything isn't meant for everyone. MB is best used by folks who are comfortable with with a certain level of self-directed learning.  We're here to fill in the blanks, but everything can't be blank.