Author Topic: Podcast loses place when exited  (Read 1508 times)

justinpinette

Hello all! New to MusicBee and loving it so far. I have a question regarding the playback of podcasts- if I am listening to a podcast and have to stop and exit, I lose my place in the podcast and it starts over from the beginning. Anyone else run into this sort of thing?

frankz

1. Make sure the podcasts are in the podcast node and not in the music library by mistake (right click the file -> Send To-> and then whatever is greyed out is where Musicbee sees them)
2. Make sure the files are set to remember playback position. This should be the default in the podcast node. To check for a specific file, Shift+Enter brings up the tag editor -> Settings ->  [ ] remember playback position

justinpinette

Hello Frank! Thanks for your response.

I checked both of the things that you mentioned and 1) "Podcasts" is greyed out and 2) remember playback position is indeed checked. Is there anything else you might be able to think of?

Justin

frankz

The only other thing I can think of (because it just came up in another thread) is that if you don't close MB in a clean way that allows MB to write to your database (i.e. the "X" at the upper-right or File->Exit), then maybe your playback position wouldn't get remembered. But other than that I'm out of ideas.

Steven

• Administrator
Are you listening to downloaded episodes? If not, i recall that web streamed files for some sites dont work with resuming the position.
Whats the subscription url you are having the problem with?