Author Topic: USB: Can it really deliver high fidelity music?  (Read 10385 times)

musicbee4dwd

Currently I've just been using my internal adapter's Bluetooth with AptX, and when possible, the  WiFi I know WiFi can deliver high Fidelity with an internal WiFi card, but what about USB connections using ether a WiFi dongle to sink or Bluetooth aptX  USB to sink?

Can a USB connection really deliver hi fidelity, or do you need an internal card?

(My current system is an ITX build, so I have no internal PCI slots available. ITX only comes with one PCIe slot. That's where the video card goes, unless you are using an SoC, which  am not.

bloodfu

I'm not sure if your talking about this but I use bluetooth headphones and speakers connected to a wireless usb audio adapter and it sounds great to my ears.

musicbee4dwd

I'm not sure if your talking about this but I use bluetooth headphones and speakers connected to a wireless usb audio adapter and it sounds great to my ears.

Have you listened to non lossy music on a wired connection through some really good ear phones? Do that so you have a baseline for what 'good' means. :)

Most people born around 1995 have never heard hi fidelity. It's always been cell phones, ear buds, and 128kbps mp3.

bloodfu

Yeah I have plenty of FLAC files ripped from my CD collection. My audio equipment is pretty good but not super crazy expensive so I don't know what 10 000 dolllars speakers sound like.

Was born in the early 80s...  ;)

Música

Most people born around 1995 have never heard hi fidelity. It's always been cell phones, ear buds, and 128kbps mp3.
Not if they're being raised lovingly...

BTW, I believe any Bluetooth connection is compromised -even aptXd, as I have on phones and my integrated amp. I don't have any experience listening through anything USB, so can't contribute. I do share your preference for wired connections; I enjoy listening to my collection on my DAC-equipped LG V30 phone which is primarily a dedicated music player. It's DAC is actvated only through a wired connection to my higher-impedance head and earphones.

But I try not to be a snob about what is good, knowing that my good friend owns a set of Stax headphones that cost more than my entire sound system and can't even connect to any of my loved devices.

Edit: Upon further review... I do use a USB-powered and connected CD player to rip my highest-quality MP3. WMA lossless, and FLAC files, and it's that music which I listen to the most. SO, I certainly THINK that USB "delivers".
Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:30:20 PM by Música