Author Topic: Soundcloud Issue  (Read 13235 times)

AinselLee

My main issue is that while Soundcloud Search is not showing all results for songs. For example, when I searched "PonkanSoup" I don't receive any results although I have a previous soundcloud track from that artist in my library that still works which leads me to believe that this is both an error and one that previously did not exist.

Some other issues I've found is that the globe icon on the side does not bring me to the link of the song being referred to, but instead to the home page of SoundCloud. And the column to the right which use to have the number of views for a song is now empty.

Also I would like to ask if it would be possible to add the ability to add the ability to add or search songs by link.

sveakul

What version of MusicBee are you using?  Try updating to the latest version (https://getmusicbee.com/downloads/) as there was a re-write of MB's Soundcloud search done in October of last year to accomodate changes on the website.
Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 12:33:22 AM by sveakul

iamambuser

For me, the past couple of days Soundcloud has barely given any results. I'm running 3.4.7805 and if I get any results, their only a handful and from months or years ago.

Steven

• Administrator
yes it looks like they have changed something again

Steven

• Administrator
this should address the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

iamambuser

Steven,
Thanks for the fix. It mostly works but the "Date Modified" is a bit wonky. For a lot of search results it will give the same wrong date. If you see the attached picture, Group Therapy 437 is the latest podcast episode released yesterday but it and the other results all have the same wrong date.

Steven

• Administrator
It mostly works but the "Date Modified" is a bit wonky.
it should be addressed now using the same download link

AinselLee

I'm using mb from the windows store. Will the patch be applied there?

Steven

• Administrator
Only on the next full release. You will need to use the desktop or portable versions if you want to make use of the change now

nicknack35

I was using the windows store Version of MusicBee then i unistalled it and changed to the Desktop version and i still get no results on Soundcloud i tried installing the Files from the Patch but was getting errors

phred

• Global Moderator
i tried installing the Files from the Patch but was getting errors
You don't 'install' the files from the patch. You have to unzip the patch into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Soundcloud are in the process of upgrading their api protocol. At some point the current method MB uses will no longer work and you will need to use this patch version for the search function to work. This patch version uses the new protocol and can be used now
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

rat_pizza

• me
I deleted everything inside the musicbee folder C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee and copied the patch files there. Restarted musicbee, selected my language, etc. But the problem persisted, searching with the soundcloud search tab for the artist or song I wanted to add to my library just returned a couple of songs that matched what I typed, but what I was looking for definitely wasn't there. The songs I'm looking for aren't downloadable, does that have anything to do with it?

phred

• Global Moderator
The songs I'm looking for aren't downloadable, does that have anything to do with it?
Have you confirmed that the song(s) you're looking for actually exist on SoundCloud? Have you gone there via your browser and looked?

If the sounds are not downloadable then obviously you can't add them to MB. But they still should show up if they truly exist on SoundCloud.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here