Author Topic: Android app that works best with MusicBee?  (Read 14688 times)

Modinstaller

Hey everyone,

For the past year I've been working on a gigantic playlist that contains all the music I love. I switched to MusicBee recently, and I have to say it's amazing. My favorite feature is being able to rate my music and save the rating in the file's metadata. That's actually the main reason I switched to MusicBee.

So far I was using Musicolet on my phone but Musicolet lacks the ability to read MusicBee's rating data. Also importing playlists isn't very intuitive. I'm looking for another app to replace Musicolet, which should be able to read and edit ratings, and which should have a complete and customizable UI like Musicolet does.

I tried GMMP but it has an unfinished vibe and it keeps crashing on me for some reason. I haven't tried anything else yet and since there's so much choice, I could really use some guidance.

Thank you for your time :)

phred

• Global Moderator
If you're looking to reverse sync there are only two apps that will work with MB's WiFi Sync App: GoneMad and PowerAmp. Anything else you use will have to sync via USB. And won't be able to sync from the device to MB.

Note that there are some issues with Android OS 11 and syncing to MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

cquinn

Ditto Poweramp.  on a phone it's terrific and very intuitive