Author Topic: Can't Import iTunes Library  (Read 1632 times)

artspolice

I click File>Library>Import>Import from iTunes>Proceed and nothing happens.

EightyEight

If itunes uses the windows vanilla music folder (C:\Users\<username>\Music\iTunes\) it works.

on my other laptop it was located elsewhere and I used the [Locate iTunes] button to manually point to the iTunes Music Library.xml file. and it worked too.

Sir Joe la Mouk

Hi,

I know that's an old topic, but the subject of the bug is substencially the same.
I just installed MusicBee and run it for the first time, then the wizard ask me to add some existing libraries.
When I searched for the iTunes one, I cannot add it as since at certain time the file format seems to be not anymore a XML format, but an ITL format.
Any plan to add the ITL format support sooner or later as XML seems to be for old iTunes versions?

frankz

Hi,

I know that's an old topic, but the subject of the bug is substencially the same.
I just installed MusicBee and run it for the first time, then the wizard ask me to add some existing libraries.
When I searched for the iTunes one, I cannot add it as since at certain time the file format seems to be not anymore a XML format, but an ITL format.
Any plan to add the ITL format support sooner or later as XML seems to be for old iTunes versions?
This is not a software bug. You need to set iTunes to export the XML.  A simple google search of itunes xml should help.