Author Topic: Auto-Playlist - X amount of listens in the past X days  (Read 1379 times)

SonicRings

I'm trying to make an auto-playlist that adds songs with at least X amount of listens from the past X days.

I tried with Play Count greater than 5 and within the part 7 days, but the play counts it's getting don't reflect how many times they were listened to within the past 7 days specifically.

Instead, they show the total play counts. The condition is thus met when I have listened to these songs at least once within the past 7 days, because the play count was already over 5 to begin with.

What I want is to be able to show only those songs that I've listened to over 5 times within the past 7 days.

Is this possible? If so, how can it be done?
Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 08:16:40 AM by SonicRings

frankz

It's not possible.  MB only tracks the number of plays and most recent play, not each play, so it will never know how many times a track was played in the last 7 days.

SonicRings

It's not possible.  MB only tracks the number of plays and most recent play, not each play, so it will never know how many times a track was played in the last 7 days.
Bummer. Perhaps it may be possible for a plugin since there's already one that records each played song in a text file with exact time, though I'd imagine that would be quite inefficient. last.fm also keeps track of this, but I don't imagine an easy way of asking this information from the API...

...Unless... Perhaps a plugin can be made that only keeps track to a text file for a certain period of time, and THAT can be used as criteria for the auto-playlist? So, you set it to keep track for 14 days, and it will keep track of every song you play for the past 14 days, and conduct a search for all songs that are present 10+ times, for example?
Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 08:56:16 AM by SonicRings

SonicRings

I just found this plugin which does exactly what I want, getting the stats from last.fm, but is limited to 1 week/3 months/6 months/year/overall: https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/22/playlist-generator/

Definitely a great plugin. Figured I'd link it here in case anyone stumbles across this thread in the future looking for the same functionality.

I'm going to make a request in the plugin's support thread for more granular timeframe control, if it's even possible: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6906.msg191262#msg191262
Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 01:44:47 AM by SonicRings