Author Topic: ISRC & Cat Number Fields  (Read 3361 times)

Turk

Any chance of getting dedicated Catalogue Number Fields (as well as ISRC) now the 2 have been fully separated by all online stores and most if not all standalone ID Tag tools?

Thanks for the best audio player, ever, though.
Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:29:47 PM by Turk

hiccup

sorry I don't have the time.

The time it takes to create a custom tag is similar to the time it takes to create a post such as yours.
So the next time you have time to write such a post where you explain that you don't have the time, your precious time is probably better invested in just creating the custom tag instead.

It's what all MusicBee users do when they have the need for a tag that is not by default available. (because there hasn't been any wider supported demand for)

The Incredible Boom Boom

I'd +1 this if it got moved to the Wishlist Request board.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'd +1 this if it got moved to the Wishlist Request board.
I see no need for this to be on the Wishlist since the request can already be achieved quite easily with custom tags.

The OP doesn't have the time to create custom tags, but he wants someone else (Steven) to create a "real" tag. Sorry. That's just plain selfish and laziness.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Turk

Wow "Thanks" for the replies.  

This reminds me of those threads where someone describes an issue they have with their computer and the only "helpful" posts are "Well I don't have that problem"

instead of "here's how you fix it"....

Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:18:56 PM by Turk

phred

• Global Moderator
You received helpful replies. If you don't know how to create/use custom tags, check the Wiki.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

ma_t14

Given that those 2 tags are pretty standard across the music cataloguing-sphere now days, I think the request is pretty sensible

...even if it's easy to create those manually in practice. The key sentiment here is "standardization"

hiccup

Wow "Thanks" for the replies.  
This reminds me of those threads where someone describes an issue they have with their computer and the only "helpful" posts are "Well I don't have that problem"
instead of "here's how you fix it"....

Turk, you are behaving very dishonest.
I see that you have edited your start post, so now to look good and make other members that tried to help you look bad.

To explain to other members stumbling upon this thread:

Turk never asked for help.
He wanted the developer to put in his time and effort in adding a feature, because he didn't want to make any effort himself by e.g. simply creating a custom tag to accomplish his goal.
Creating a custom tag is what all MusicBee users that want to use a tag that is not by default available will do.
It's about 1 minute of work. And if somebody doesn't know how to do it, he can ask, or easily find how to do it.

But Turk never asked, he just demanded the feature, and literally said "I don't have the time".

He has conveniently deleted the parts that displayed this laziness and unwillingness, and now is trying to look like some victim that was not helped.
I suspect he also removed some other post. So this thread is not a true representation of what happened. Just so you know.

Please don't be a Turk.
Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 03:33:12 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
Submitted into evidence as Exhibit A, see hiccup's reply #1 above where the OP's "I don't have  the time" is reproduced in the quote.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Turk

Submitted into evidence as Exhibit A, see hiccup's reply #1 above where the OP's "I don't have  the time" is reproduced in the quote.

Yes a tribunal is most definitely required regarding this heinous of crimes.

Maybe after 2 or 3 years of cross examination, we'll get to the bottom of this shocking injustice.

O.P. "DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME" !!!  :o  
was it 1/ a figure of speech said with Musicbee's wonderfully open ended customisation in mind allowing the user to tweak almost every aspect to his or her liking & that setting up virtual fields was merely an additional complication for those new comers that might have become accustomed to a uniform tagging system and enabling an easier entry level set of tools wouldn't put such people off using musicbee OR 2/ a coded wording designed to offend the entire planet and FORCE the developer to work his fingers to the bone and likely also meant the op kicked kittens in his spare time..

or, no tin foil hat, was it a combination of part 1 & merely requesting a feature but a few overly sensitive individuals decided to ignore the important part of the comment and over fixate on 4 or 5 wordswritten ass joke but instead take it upon themselves to be offended by something that was so unbelievably benign it makes you question some peoples sanity?

Tune in to the next exciting episode of oh ffs did this really need explaining?

ps I deleted the part of the comment a number of you were bothered by for 1 reason, so you were no longer bothere by it - It has nothing to do with some paranoid conclusion of "he's trying to appear as the victim"... regardless, it appears I'm "damned if I do, damned if I don't."
Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 10:33:01 AM by Turk

hiccup

You are making quite a drama of something very simple:

It is very bad forum practise to edit a previous post of yours that others have responded to, for the sole purpose of making yourself look good and the respondents look bad.

There is nothing wrong with exposing such bad behaviour, and I did it because you editing posts in the thread made my replies (and others) seem out of line.

Obviously you regretted your 'I don't have the time' statement, so you removed it.
There was not a hint of humor in that post of yours.
It was just you judging that MusicBee had some flaw/oversight that should be fixed, adding that you didn't have the time to simply solve it on your side using a custom tag. Like pretty much everybody else does.

Stop being a drama queen and man up and be honest about your actions.
Or keep rubbing into this stain.

edit:
While I typed this response, I see you are also editing this post of yours. It contained some weird comment in full-capitals. Keeping altering your own words makes this a very odd and difficult way of communicating.

hiccup

It would probably be good to lock this thread?
Anyone desiring ISRC or other tags being readily available can create a wish for that?

The Incredible Boom Boom

Even though I'd like those fields to come standard with MB, I'd -1 the request just so Jerk, I mean Turk, can shift about endlessly in his sleep mumbling angrily that free software doesn't genuflect to his commands. 😁

phred

• Global Moderator
I'd prefer not to lock this thread, but if the current behavior continues I will.

So let's knock off the name calling and try to stay on topic.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Turk

I'd prefer not to lock this thread, but if the current behavior continues I will.

So let's knock off the name calling and try to stay on topic.

Indeed I'd prefer to stay on topic and not dramatize 5 words said flippantly that some janitors bravely swooped in and saved the MB developer from.

Personally I thought I only came to request a tag field - amazing what others turned this into but i'll accept the blame, after all I did say "I dont have the time".  8)

ps what does dog pilling mean?