Author Topic: Import GoneMAD stats.xml into MusicBee  (Read 11176 times)

bkev

Since Android 10 or 11, the MusicBee wifi sync isn't able to read the stats.xml exported from GoneMad player to import the play count and ratings back into MusicBee.

I am able to manually get the stats.xml file onto my computer.

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can import the information from this file into MusicBee like the wifi sync app did automatically? (Is there a menu option/command line etc)?

Steven

• Administrator
i have heard android 11 is creating problems but i dont have any solution

bkev

Hi Steven thanks for responding.

Would it be possible to get the sync app on Android to load up a file picker? This was the stats.xml could be maybe moved on the phone to somewhere it isn't protected and selected?

bkev

Is there anyway of manually importing/merging the stats.xml from GoneMad into MusicBee like the sync app did? I'm quite happy to do this manually if I know what to do with the stats.xml file and MusicBee.

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there anyway of manually importing/merging the stats.xml from GoneMad into MusicBee like the sync app did? I'm quite happy to do this manually if I know what to do with the stats.xml file and MusicBee.
You might be better off asking this on the GMMP forum. If you can determine where the GMMP stats are stored, or if there's a way to export them,  then the answer is "perhaps."
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

SkyZippr

As a GMMP user, I can manually trigger GMMP to generate a stats.xml, and I can manually copy it to anywhere I want to, be it the sync app's directory on the phone or anywhere in my PC.
So I imagine possible solutions would be:
a. Add an option in sync app to look for stats.xml in its own directory.
b. Add an option in Musicbee to load up stats.xml inside the PC.
But since I'm no programmer, I'm not sure if either of the methods are implementable, or that they work at all.

bkev

Getting the stats.xml from GMMP is possible and I can do that and copy them anywhere I want.

The issue is that the MusicBee WiFi sync app in Android 11 can no longer read the file on mobile due to file restrictions.

When it did work on older Android versions, the app did "something" with the stats.xml file to import the played count and ratings back into MusicBee.

It's that "something" I'm interested in. If it's difficult to get it to work automatically again that's fine but it would be nice to know if I can manually replicate the import or merge of play count and stats if I have access to the stats.xml export.

ucynml

I think SAF can be used to find and read stats.xml on Android 11.
The app needs to ask an user to specify the file location, but it can get file access except for some directories, such as root directory and download directory.
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/providers/document-provider
https://medium.com/swlh/sample-for-android-storage-access-framework-aka-scoped-storage-for-basic-use-cases-3ee4fee404fc

cydonianknight21

Okay but what bkev and subsequently I would like to know is what is the process for converting the stats.xml data to be imported into Musicbee? We've got the stats file covered, the issue is that we want to input its data into Musicbee...

It used to be an automatic process but what exactly was that process?

Boblemagicien

2 years later, is there a way to know what's the process used by wifisync to import the stats.xml to musicbee ?
With Android 14, even the modified app can't be used so the last chance is to directly import the stats.xml.

frankz

2 years later, is there a way to know what's the process used by wifisync to import the stats.xml to musicbee ?
With Android 14, even the modified app can't be used so the last chance is to directly import the stats.xml.
As noted in reply #7 above, the entire source code for wifisync, including the code for the process it uses to import the stats, is online. 
https://github.com/mayallst/MusicBeeWifiSync

Boblemagicien

As noted in reply #7 above, the entire source code for wifisync, including the code for the process it uses to import the stats, is online. 
https://github.com/mayallst/MusicBeeWifiSync

I agree but I don't know how to code. I tried searching some files with android studio but don't know where and what to search.

frankz

I agree but I don't know how to code. I tried searching some files with android studio but don't know where and what to search.
Hmm...I'm not clear why you asked "is there a way to know what's the process used by wifisync to import the stats.xml to musicbee ?" then.