Author Topic: Tag Hierarchy suddenly stopped working  (Read 672 times)

kiki

Clicking on a genre no longer displays any albums. Also, it takes some effort to get the genres to show up. Often just shows the word  'All' and nothing else. If I go back to the Music tab and reset search and browser filters then go back to the Tag Hierarchy tab the entries show up. This is a new issue, it worked great the last time I used MusicBee (about two days ago). Nothing has changed as far as I know.

I'm using version 3.4.7749 on Windows 10.  

FWIW I restarted both the program and my computer to see if the fixed the issue, but sadly no.

If this is a bug I'll repost it on the Bugs forum. If this is my lack of knowledge maybe someone can give me some advice on getting it working again. It's a nice feature when it was working.

Edit: just upgraded to 3.4.7764 and it didn't solve the issue.
Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 03:56:34 AM by kiki

hiccup

The hierarchy panel will display results depending on any preceding filtering.
Could it be that your opening tab/node has some filtering in place? And that the resulting albums/songs do not contain genre tags as known in MusicBee's genre list?

kiki

The hierarchy panel will display results depending on any preceding filtering.
Could it be that your opening tab/node has some filtering in place? And that the resulting albums/songs do not contain genre tags as known in MusicBee's genre list?

Yeah, maybe it's something like that. It's confusing but I'll try to mess around with the settings. Thanks.