Author Topic: Sound randomly drops, mid-song. Player keeps playing  (Read 2136 times)

KennySmith

Version: 3.3.7491
Windows 10 (20H2)
WASAPI (Exclusive)
Flac and mp3

It randomly drops the audio from songs that are playing. The progress bar will carry on playing but the audio is now silent. Stopping playback (not pausing) and starting it again resumes audio. Totally random; it could be any song. It happens a few times a week.

phred

• Global Moderator
Does it do the same thing if you use WASAPI (Shared)?
Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:48:30 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

Version: 3.3.7491
Windows 10 (20H2)
WASAPI (Exclusive)
Flac and mp3

It randomly drops the audio from songs that are playing. The progress bar will carry on playing but the audio is now silent. Stopping playback (not pausing) and starting it again resumes audio. Totally random; it could be any song. It happens a few times a week.

Are you using the DLNA plug-in?

KennySmith

I've been using it in WASAPI (Shared) for a couple of hours today and it's been fine but it can be days before it drops. I'll see how it goes.

I have no plugins

Steven

• Administrator
I can't recall anyone ever reporting this issue before and I doubt i can help with this.
My suggestion is to make sure your audio drivers are up to date

rudolfs001

FYI, I have this exact same issue and have been having it for months. It is seemingly random. Happens to random songs, at random points in the song, at random intervals.

As in OP, the playback bar keeps playing, the equalizer goes flat, no sound output, hitting pause/play doesn't restart the song, but going to a previous song and back to the silenced song has it start outputting sound. I've never had the song get silenced again immediately after doing so.

Version

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you using the DLNA plug-in?

Does it do the same thing if you use WASPI (Shared)?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Not sure what WASPI is...I'm playing files on a local HDD.
Preferences > Player > audio player > output
What is it set with now?
Try it with either WASAPI or Direct Sound - whichever you're not currently using.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

rudolfs001

Not sure what WASPI is...I'm playing files on a local HDD.
Preferences > Player > audio player > output
What is it set with now?
Try it with either WASAPI or Direct Sound - whichever you're not currently using.

It was set to "WASAPI (Shared)", I have changed it to "DirectSound". Likely my search didn't turn up much because of the misspelling in Reply #6.

Will report back if the issue recurs. Thank you!

Limp Panda

This same issue has just started for me.  The player will cut out while playing but if I play the same track with iTunes it plays fine.  If I go into preferences and tell it which output device to use the same thing happens.

Wondering if the windows update yesterday has anything to do with it.  All other audio plays fine and I have multiple output devices.

Edit:  Winamp cuts out the same way.  Do you think that apple inserted DRM to prevent other players from working?  It plays fine on my phone too.
Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 11:31:15 AM by Limp Panda