Author Topic: Export MB setting & song lengths to another PC  (Read 1134 times)

HazePurple

1. Is there a way to export MB settings (Panel Layout, Font Setting, Fade setting, etc) to another Win PC running the same MB version ... 3.4.7749 P?

2. I have edited a playlist of song to all be approximately 2 mins long. Is there a way to export these settings to another Win PC running the same MB version ... 3.4.7749 P?

phred

• Global Moderator
It's always a good idea to search the forum before asking questions.
site:getmusicbee.com/forum esport settings
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

HazePurple

I have edited a playlist of songs to all be approximately 2 mins long. Is there a way to export these settings to another Win PC running the same MB version ... 3.4.7749 P? I did a search for this subject & found nothing.

frankz

I have edited a playlist of songs to all be approximately 2 mins long.
I don't think anyone knows what this means.  I sure don't.  You changed the start and/or end times in these files so that the songs are all two minutes?  That information is stored to your music library.  It's not limited to just playing them in the playlist, though, it'll hold whenever you play them.  What, if anything, does the playlist have to do with your question?

Start by saying what you actually did - the steps with the terms that musicbee uses for those steps so that we're all speaking with the same frame of reference - and maybe someone will be able to effectively answer one of the multiple posts where you asked this same question.
Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 02:38:34 AM by frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
Topic locked due to double-posting.
See https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=34576.msg189228#msg189228

which was answered long before you posted this.

Topic unlocked and merged with previous post.

To anyone who may be reading this, common forum etiquette is to not double post. It leads to confusion when two similar threads are running and makes it difficult to find answers that are spread out across multiple posts. Thanks for your understanding.
Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:17:20 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

HazePurple

I have edited a playlist of songs to all be approximately 2 mins long.
You changed the start and/or end times in these files so that the songs are all two minutes?  That information is stored to your music library.  It's not limited to just playing them in the playlist, though, it'll hold whenever you play them.  What, if anything, does the playlist have to do with your question?

You seem to understand exactly what I was asking. Thank you. So the edited "song lengths" info is stored in the "music library." How do I import the "song length" info to another PC running the same version of MB?

frankz

You can't export it.  If your library folder and your music folders are networked, MB uses those network locations rather than local C:\, D:\ etc references in the library, and those locations are accessible to the second computer, then you can open the library from the second computer and it will operate as it does on the first computer.

Using MB with a networked library has been discussed here many times and a lot of information about setting it up is available here at the forum.