Author Topic: MB Freezing when ripping cd's  (Read 950 times)

etara

Because the topic that I found relating to my issue is old, it suggested I create a new topic. Here's the quote from the original poster that explains basically the same issue I am having.. it didn't seem to get resolved in the original thread.

I've been trying to rip some CDs and while I was able to rip around 10 CDs the amount of freezing and crashing became more and more frequent. During the ripping process it freezes and when I close out of it, it says "cannot stop background processes" or just crashes when I click on "rip CD". Also I'm using an external disc drive and sometimes it doesn't recognise that there's disc in it.

I am new to this and messed around with some settings such as changing destination folder of ripped files to an external hard drive, using the file organisation tool and changing some audio player settings. I thought maybe it had something to do with the settings that I tinkered with so I uninstalled and reinstalled in an attempt to restore to default settings. I've had to restart my laptop many times (which has taken increasingly longer the more this happened, which is unusual as it's a decent new laptop). Now I can't even go into the settings let alone rip one track without it freezing straight away. It's basically become unusable.

Has this happened to anyone? Not sure what to do at this point, any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is exactly what is happening to me!! I have a pretty new laptop(hp spectre), using an external dvd/cd drive, ripping a huge cd collection(some commercial, some homegrown). Saving to an external hard drive. I've ripped about 200 cds in the last week.. lately, MB has been freezing up and doing, well.. exactly what longboii described. Using version 3.37491. Anti virus, malware software...nothing has pinged anything. Also, have had to hard boot my laptop more and more with every freeze.

phred

• Global Moderator
Using version 3.37491
Update to the latest 3.4 version and report back. Either via the patch in my sig, which will give you the very latest version, or from the first forum topic, which will be a little older.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

etara

Thanks so much! just patched.. will try my luck tomorrow.. today is a no rip day lol.

etara

So far so good... I've done about 7 more cds and it hasn't frozen once!   .... knock on wood yo!