Author Topic: Adding consequent songs into playlist  (Read 1353 times)

toomanynights

Hello!

I would first like to express my feelings on Musicbee. It's a blast! Just - WOW! Exactly as advertised, I tried it once and I never want to come back.
Seeing a tool this complicated, with endless abilities, all for a price of 0, no ads and no annoying requests for donations? I didn't believe it was possible in 2021. I am more than happy to donate.

Now, to the bug I encountered. Probably it's because I'm doing something in a suboptimal way, but again, this program is so overwhelming I might've overlooked something.
I have an autoplaylist which contains all the songs that do not have any playlist. Say I want to add one of these songs to a playlist. I right click on it, and in a playlist menu I pick multiple playlists with CTRL held. But on a second playlist I pick, the next song disappears from playlist (because it's been assigned a playlist too). So it goes with every next playlist I pick.

I would assume that it happens because the playlist is assigned immediately, instead of waiting for me to pick all the playlists I want. My suggestion would be to wait until the user lets the CTRL button go, and only then assign all the playlist they have chosen.

I also provide a gif to demonstrate this problem. Notice how all three Afghan Whigs' songs disappear from the list, although the plan was to assign one song to three playlists.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19mFhU1wSRPMBuMFrJ5cEHgIYOO7V15ek/view?usp=sharing
Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 11:08:23 AM by toomanynights

hiccup

Welcome to the forum toomanynights.

I must say I am not sure why you decided to post this in bugs.
It seems to me that feature is working perfectly.

toomanynights

Hi hiccup, thanks for a swift reply!
I will try to explain why it seems a bug to me.

When you select multiple playlists to send the song to, each of playlists you pick is marked with a check mark. So when you're done picking, you have a list of several items you've picked. And when you have a list, you assume that list to be relevant to one parent item.

But that's not the case, because the first playlist from the list goes to the song A, next one goes to the song B, etc.
Furthermore, if you click on one playlist several times, the check mark remains there, instead of being unchecked on every even click on it and checked again on every odd click.

And one more point here: when an item has a context menu with a set of options, you'd expect that every choice you make in that menu would go to the item you originally summoned that menu for. And if you want to work with another item, you would summon a menu for that another item.

If my understanding is wrong and this still doesn't justify this being a bug, please let me know and we'll consider this topic closed. :)

Thanks.

hiccup

You explained your case perfectly, and I am personally not enough invested in this to have a strong opinion about it.
If the developer also considers this a bug he is likely to respond to it here.

If this thread remains silent, you could consider creating a wish at a later moment in time.

toomanynights