Author Topic: Issue playing .m4a files  (Read 4159 times)

Chris Centlivre

The "bass_aac24" dll did not solve the dropout problem.

frankz

Understand, also, that every single one of us (besides the developer Steven) is just a user like you.  We can point and guide, and sometimes we're able to provide more detailed information, but no one can read a described problem on someone else's system and instantly know what's causing it.  This isn't customer service and we're not holding some secret manual with all the answers.

Add to that how you're using a less widely used format, and most of us will be down to being able to point you to previous discussions about similar problems and whatever solutions were found for them and not much beyond that.

I agree, though, with your conclusion that MB may not be right for you.

phred

• Global Moderator
With three threads going on just about the same issue, which all by itself is not good forum etiquette, you readily admit that you are all that good with computers. You've been given some solutions - replace a .dll being the best shot at fixing your issue - which didn't seem to help.

If all you want is a simple music player, which you asked about in another thread, I think MB is over your head both in terms of what you want, and in what minimal knowledge one needs to make it the work for you. MB is first and foremost a music MANAGER. And -then- it is a player.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
I have merged the two threads.

As for the 'alternative for MB' thread, please keep that on-topic and don't bring any of the issues raised here, over to there.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here