Author Topic: Extra shuffle option  (Read 1398 times)

Sokaris

I already put this as a comment in another wish about the shuffle function, but I thought I'd  also put this as a separate request.

Could we get a extra shuffle option that just shuffles.

By that I mean, play every song in the now playing list just once, but in a shuffled order.
But the now playing list itself should not be shuffled.
Then if the repeat option is also enabled re-shuffle the songs in the now playing list again only if all the songs in the now playing list have been played (or skipped).
MusicBee should remember what songs have been played and the shuffle order if restarted, so there are no repeats.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

• Administrator
apart from the bit about remembering the played tracks on restart (which i plan to do anyway for v3.5) what is the difference compared to the existing shuffle button in the player controls bar?

Sokaris

The difference is that the option that resembles this the most is random.
But random has (as is natural) the chance that a song plays repeats.
With this option there is no chance of that.

I mean I like Red House by Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Eric Johnson but I've heard it 5 times the last two weeks in my 1267 songs playlist...  ;D

Steven

• Administrator
It is already the case that MB wont repeat any tracks until the entire playing tracks list is exhausted. However when you restart MB, it currently doesnt remember what was previously played, so it might be the case that a song played in the previous session is played again.

Sokaris

Ah, so maybe the problem I have with repeating songs will be gone ones version 3.5 come out.
Great!
Is there an ETA on 3.5 yet?   :)

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there an ETA on 3.5 yet?   :)
3.4 hasn't been officially released yet.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i recently discovered that if you move or remove tracks in the Playing Tracks list the shuffle list gets reset. If thats something you do often then this will address that. It doesnt change what i said about when MB is restarted

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Sokaris

I don't move or remove tracks very often but I do use the queue function a lot, does that count as moving or removing?
I'll try the patch and see what happens.
Thanks!