Author Topic: Display remaining time in an album?  (Read 809 times)

MayorQwert

Hey! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to do this with various tools but to no avail.

I was wanting to figure out if there's a way to display the amount of time remaining in an album when playing one in a queue while using "shuffle by album". I don't mind if it is not 100% using tools internal to MB, or even extra plugins.

Currently, I've been trying to look into if there was a way to utilize the "Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools" along with the "Now Playing to External Files" plugins to output the duration and length of each track to a txt file, and then have a script that subtracts time off to show an updated remaining time for each track, resetting and updating to a new album duration each time album changes.
Obviously, this is very convoluted and I haven't even begun working on the script for it.. (Can't seem to find Album Duration on the list of available vars for "Now Playing to External Files"...)

Is there an easier way to do this that I might be missing? I don't really care what format the displayed number takes or even care about where on the player it would be located, just that the number is listed somewhere!

I'm working on using MusicBee for a music stream and I currently just print the total time for the whole album on it but it would be great to have some form of countdown!