Author Topic: Column Browser should include the "Love/Ban" field  (Read 2660 times)

Ein

A feature I would find useful is if the "Love/Ban" field could be chosen as a displayed field for the column browser.

The very similiar "Rating" field is already an option for the column browser, but I don't rate my tracks often.

Tybot

To me it looks like it already is. Are you sure you've really looked?

My "Love/Ban" is renamed to "[F]" but it's absolutely there: https://i.imgur.com/XM21p1z.jpg

Ein

Hmm, is that a newer version of MusicBee?  I have the version of MusicBee listed in the download section (from July 2020), but I see more recent versions on the forums.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hmmm... I don't seem to have the <Loved> tag available in my Column Browser either.

Tybot

My bad...

[F] is a virtual tag of mine that simply consists of the <Loved> tag. Why would I do that? I have absolutely no idea.

I guess you could use this as a workaround to get Love/Ban in the column browser if you have virtual tags to spare.

hiccup

It is only since MB 3.4 that 'love' and 'ban' are written as a tag and not only exist within MB's database.
So if you are using 3.4, as Tybot suggests you could use a virtual tag such as:

Code
$If(<Love>="L",Love,$If(<Love>="B",Ban,))

or
Code
$If(<Love>="L",Love,$If(<Love>="B",Ban,"-"))
if you don't like seeing [Unknown]

Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 07:47:00 AM by hiccup

The Incredible Boom Boom

It is only since MB 3.4 that 'love' and 'ban' are written as a tag and not only exist within MB's database.

Code
$If(<Love>="L",Love,$If(<Love>="B",Ban,))

or
Code
$If(<Love>="L",Love,$If(<Love>="B",Ban,"-"))
if you don't like seeing [Unknown]

This just gave me the awesome idea to use the <Loved> tag to save even more space in my main panels!

Code
$IsNull(<❤️>,<Title>,{color: 255,0,0}<Title>{color: default})

Tybot

Wouldn't this work on previous versions as well? I think it's the reason I did it in the first place. Love/Ban could not be displayed in panels like column browser, thumbnail browser and library explorer but all the virtual tags could. So I simply created a virtual tag that contained the Love/Ban tag.

If it is as you say then this suggestion is probably valid. Steven might just have missed adding this tag to be chosen as a displayed field when he transferred it from a database tag to a file written tag.

hiccup

Wouldn't this work on previous versions as well? I think it's the reason I did it in the first place.
If you used it on pre-3.4 it probably does work on older versions too.
I was guessing it would only work now that 'Love' is a file tag, but giving it some thought I am probably wrong.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Code
$IsNull(<❤️>)
Do you actually have a tag with that symbol as it's name??

Absolutely. Lol
It looks way better than <Lo...> in the main panel.

MrRRGaming

Steven

• Administrator
For the next v3.5 update, "Love" can now be used in the column browser