Author Topic: Playlists empty on Android 10 (I've applied the patch too)  (Read 2720 times)

ACardAttack

I just got a galaxy s9+ that is on Android 10 and all my playlists no matter the music application is empty

I've applied the patch here

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30862

But that doesnt seem to fix it, I opend the playlists on my phone with a text editor and they all use the forward slash / so the patch seems to have done its job there

Do I need to save them as something other than m3u?

My music apps see the playlists, but they're empty

I use playerpro, I've tried a few other apps they all show empty or nothing

The best I can get is BlackPlayer, it doesnt see any of them naturally, but I can import them individually. But I dont want to do that every time I make a change to my playlist.

I've cleared cache, uninstalled and deleted app data, wiped my sd card and re-synced and no luck. 

I'm on 3.3.7602, wired sync.  I could try wifi, but not sure why that would improve things as the playlists seem to be in the right format now. 

Any other ways to fix this?

Thanks

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
Do I need to save them as something other than m3u?
That depends on your player's requirements. If you can't find documentation on that, then try m3u8. Or any of the other options for format.

I'm on 3.3.7602, wired sync.  I could try wifi, but not sure why that would improve things as the playlists seem to be in the right format now. 
Update to the latest 3.4 patch. See my signature for link and instructions. The WiFi sync app transfers files much faster than the USB sync. You've got nothing to lose by trying it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here