Author Topic: Translator Q&A  (Read 464778 times)

hiccup

thats the name of the service so it should not be translated - do you agree?
Oh, so it's some company's name? I thought it was a more generic feature like MB's column, or library browser.

Steven

• Administrator
for 4, although i might be proved wrong, MB should only be adding ... automatically where the translation is used elsewhere without a ...
so you should translate without a ... unless its explicitly in the english file

in any case i am updating MB so it not double up on any unneeded ... a translator might add

Steven

• Administrator

hiccup

While being OCD on triple dots: I am guessing #Main.menu.NePl#, #Main.menu.NeAu#, #Main.menu.NeRa# and #Main.menu.EdRa#should also have them.

boroda

well, then #Main.menu.EdAu# also should have them.

karbock

@Steven:

I've just found an untranslated caption (MB v.3.5.8379 P):
contrast:
in View menu -> Arrange panels... -> right sidebar -> playing tracks panel settings -> view: track with thumbnail -> customize layout...

Could you publish the #...# code?

hiccup

contrast:
in View menu -> Arrange panels... -> right sidebar -> playing tracks panel settings -> view: track with thumbnail -> customize layout...
It looks like it was missing from my baseline file.
It's now added:
#Sys.ctl.B3405FA7#

edit:
Perhaps also check other locations where 'contrast' is mentioned?
The older translation files had many (duplicates?) of them, so I may have pruned a little bit too much.
Also, in Dutch 'contrast' translates identical, so it isn't easy for me to notice if something's wrong with it.
Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 04:34:14 PM by hiccup

karbock

It's now added:
Thanks, hiccup!

Perhaps also check other locations where 'contrast' is mentioned?
I'll keep an eye on it.

boroda

there are 2 places for file size measurement units in the last new3.5.txt:

#AP.msg.MB# MB
#AP.msg.GB# GB

and:

#Main.msg.MB# MB
#Main.msg.GB# GB

but language file doesn't define localization for KB (and simply B). also, "KB" units are currently displayed as (not localized) "K" (not "KB"). i see rather many files in my library, which size is near to, but still lower than 1 MB (e.g. one file is 962.5 KB).

moreover, this nuance makes library reports command of tagging tools plugin work improperly sometimes.

boroda

Steven, it seems that some text of this message is not localizable (it's the deletion confirmation dialog of duplicate manager, mb 3.5.8657 P):

correct me if i missed this text in my localization.

hiccup

Steven, it seems that some text of this message is not localizable (it's the deletion confirmation dialog of duplicate manager, mb 3.5.8657 P):
Confirmed, I can't find it either.

Steven

• Administrator
this will be in the next update
Code
! duplicates manager {0} = 10 files
#Dup.msg.wbdel# {0} will be deleted

hiccup

karbock

Highlighting rules

The following two captions reflect an older state of MusicBee:
  • #HM.msg.EoomfAfcba#
    Enter one or more rules and an associated color for each. For each track in your library the color of the first matching rule is used and can be displayed in the main panel using field "Highlight". Tick "text?" to also color text values.
  • #HM.msg.EAAmfAfcba#
    Enter one or more rules and an associated color. For each album in your library the color of the first matching rule is used.

Suggestion:
  • #HM.msg.EoomfAfcba#
    Enter one or more rules and an associated icon/color for each. For each track in your library the icons/colors of the first three matching rules are used and can be displayed in the main panel using field "Highlight". Tick "text?" to also color text values.
  • #HM.msg.EAAmfAfcba#
    Enter one or more rules and an associated icon/color. For each album in your library the icon/color of the first matching rule is used.

(or with colour instead of color, see below)

Mixed spellings

A very minor detail now.

Since there is an 'English(US).lngc' available, I suppose that the default English localisation is meant for the British spelling, but some words are in American English. From what I have seen, only three base words are concerned: color/colour (+ derived forms), theater/theatre, center/centre (+ derived forms).

'Colour' is used twice, and 'color' elsewhere. 'Theater Mode' is always written the American way, just as 'center/centered'.