Author Topic: Translator Q&A  (Read 470942 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks guys - seems like quite a few things. I probably wont be able to look at it for a while

Roadrunner

Sorry, I have another two missing translations in the Auto-DJ panel/ custom filter:
  • "presets:" not translatable
  • #AP.btn.65E4E897# Load... not recognized
@hiccup July 09th:
  • now playing side panel: "content" (initially "files" in English) -> #MBL.msg.files#
  • Jukebox: "use custom font" -> #CPL.ctl.EF7553BC#
  • "fields displayed", "seconds", "semitones" -> translations not found as well

Steven

• Administrator
#AP.btn.65E4E897# Load... not recognized
this should work:
#AP.btn.14E10C50#

Steven

• Administrator
untranslated/untranslatable:

track with thumbnail settings:
checked against other translation files and was ok - use:
Sys.ctl.81A9DE74
Sys.ctl.7ACD0E14

now playing side panel
i believe #MBL.msg.files# is used for that - its working in the german translation

Jukebox preferences has 'track details' as header, and some texts are not translated:
I agree with "fields displayed" - it will use: #EPS.msg.fielddisp#
and "Jukebox Layout" which is added to the next translation file

The others should already work and use:
#Sys.ctl.C0503B4B#  use custom font:
#PLE.ctl.D3BB9959#  contrast:

'seconds' here is not using the translation:
thats supported now with no translation file changes

'semitones' has no translation yet:
added to the next translation file
Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:52:04 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Here is another untranslated string, in the Podcast subscription settings/edit page (#sub.ctl.871650AE# in the file):
it should be:
#Sub.ctl.871650AE#
its corrected in the next file

But Steven, here are 2 other untranslated strings, in the podcast downloads popup:
added for the next translation file
Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 09:04:59 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
It could well be me having failed to keep translation source files updated and actual.
I do sometimes update the english text and forget to update the translation file. It would be quite a substantial effort to reconcile the differences so hopefully the differences dont matter too much

-----------
I have now updated the patch version and updated new3.4.txt if anyone wants to see all the changes now
Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:00:53 AM by Steven

hiccup

I do sometimes update the english text and forget to update the translation file. It would be quite a substantial effort to reconcile the differences so hopefully the differences dont matter too much
Is it also a lot of work to just list all currently active translation lines?
That could be helpful to see what entries are now obsolete, don't need translation and can safely be removed, and what entries currently may be missing in translated files.

If that's also lot of work, don't bother, there are no big problems, and the small ones are quickly addressed, but it would be useful to have.

hiccup

I have now updated the patch version and updated new3.4.txt if anyone wants to see all the changes now

Hotkeys:
View: Panel Layout: Jukebox
doesn't seem to have an entry

Roadrunner

Not sure if I had a terrible bad day or someone else... About half of the new translations don't work :-\ :

Hierarchy Editor:
- Error message window:
    - "Error parsing text" not translatable
    - "@node" not translatable
    - ALL "TM.msg."-Tags (#TM.msg.Indmbm4s#, #TM.msg.EtthUtkti# etc.) are not recognized
- Layout configuration:
    - #Sys.ctl.A4DF980D# "tag hierarchy panel" isn't shown - not even in the English version (so it seems to be a general program error)
       i.e. if it is the only element in the "left main panel", it looks like this:

Jukebox layout editor (Preferences -> Layout(1) -> files: "Customize Layout" -> Jukebox:
- The title of the Jukebox layout is taken from the Track Detail Layout (#PLE.ctl.55FA3124# instead of #PLE.ctl.F81C641E#)
    - In English the title is ok

Tempo DSP plugin:
- #EQ.msg.semitones# not recognized

hiccup

Not sure if I had a terrible bad day or someone else... About half of the new translations don't work :-\ :

Hi Roadrunner, sorry you had a terrible day ;-)

Everything you mention broken is working for me.
Have you patched MB to the most recent version?
Else I suspect some syntax error in your file somewhere.

You are right about 'error parsing' etc. not being translatable though.

Steven

• Administrator
   - "Error parsing text" not translatable
thats added now
Code
#TM.msg.Errparte#	Error parsing text:
#TM.msg.node# @node:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/new3.4.txt has been updated

re: the other problems, I agree with hiccup that you probably have not updated to use the patch version. I will update the first forum topic at a later date
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files
Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:05:41 AM by Steven

Roadrunner

re: the other problems, I agree with hiccup that you probably have not updated to use the patch version. I will update the first forum topic at a later date
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files
I always download the latest version from the "MusicBee 3.4" topic under "Latest Version", in this case 3.4.7525. Isn't this the right one and if yes, how should I know that, it was nothing mentioned neither there nor in this translators thread...?

I will check the patch this evening.

Steven

• Administrator
I always download the latest version from the "MusicBee 3.4" topic under "Latest Version", in this case 3.4.7525. Isn't this the right one and if yes, how should I know that, it was nothing mentioned neither there nor in this translators thread...?
thats the way i normally do it, but because of all the issues found by hiccup i decided to do it with the patch version this time only. I will go back to the normal way going forward.

Roadrunner

thats the way i normally do it, but because of all the issues found by hiccup i decided to do it with the patch version this time only. I will go back to the normal way going forward.
Yes, please. Or at least, make a good visible note here or next to the translators file download.

hiccup

Yes, please. Or at least, make a good visible note here or next to the translators file download.

It was mentioned in reply #1011:

-----------