Author Topic: Translator Q&A  (Read 468990 times)

hiccup

I dont think you would need to change #Main.msg.SelFiles1#
for #Main.msg.Rtsffp# you would get rid of the {0} from "Remove the {0} from playlist '{1}'?" and construct the sentence based on "Remove the selected file from playlist '{1}'?"

I think I don't understand the 'get rid of' part?

For singular, {0} would need to turn out as 'geselecteerde bestand'
for plural, {0} would need to turn out as 'geselecteerde bestanden'

So for both 'geselecteerde' would be appropriate.
But currently I believe that word is retrieved from #Main.msg.SelFiles1#, where it currently says 'geselecteerd'.
Which is correct for e.g. "One selected file". But not for "The selected file". (which is what it would ideally be for the entry we are discussing here)

But, the issue got a lot smaller with the new element. I can now get close to 'probably nobody is gonna notice it's not perfect' by just leaving out the word 'The' at the beginning. ('Remove' will be at the end of the sentence in Dutch)

Steven

• Administrator
Main.msg.SelFiles1 is used in many places so i recommend you do not change it.
using #Main.msg.Rtsffp# as an example you would translate both of these and MB would select the appropriate one depending on the count
Code
#Main.msg.Rtsffp#  Remove the selected file from playlist '{1}'?
#Main.msg.Rtsffp.n#  Remove the {0} from playlist '{1}'?
for the singular you translate the entire sentence
and for the plural {0} has #Main.msg.SelFiles9# substituted as now

Roadrunner

Code
#Main.msg.Rtsffp#  Remove the selected file from playlist '{1}'?
#Main.msg.Rtsffp.n#  Remove the {0} from playlist '{1}'?
for the singular you translate the entire sentence
and for the plural {0} has #Main.msg.SelFiles9# substituted as now

Thx for giving it at try! Unfortunately this doesn't work for German plural because of the word order in #Main.msg.SelFiles9#. It could only work if I could leave this field away, so could translate "Remove the {0} selected files from playlist '{1}'" instead - and {0} would be replaced by the number of files only.

Steven

• Administrator
Thx for giving it at try! Unfortunately this doesn't work for German plural because of the word order in #Main.msg.SelFiles9#. It could only work if I could leave this field away, so could translate "Remove the {0} selected files from playlist '{1}'" instead - and {0} would be replaced by the number of files only.
that can be made to work.
I would change the .n variation to replace {0} only with a number only ie. you would need to include the "selected files" part of the message in the #Main.msg.Rtsffp.n# translation text
Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:10:49 PM by Steven

hiccup

aNum.msg.Atntt      maybe (probably a little bit complicated, and would you ever use this function for only 1 file?)

Scan.msg.ScUpdCashFi      not necessary

Scan.msg.CRefthitag      not sure, I can't find how to evoke this

Main.msg.COttotsut      yes (same complexity as original issue concerning 'the')

Main.msg.addroplay      not sure, I can't find how to evoke this (the status bar message where I suspected it to show is a different one)

Main.msg.CStft0bdd      yes (might be a bit complicated)

Main.msg.CtflowiAAT      not necessary

Main.msg.RtCtzft      yes

tRem.msg.Rtft      yes

Main.msg.Rfpadt      yes

-----

And in the process I found:
#tRem.ctl.8A0A3B02#
#tRem.ctl.8A0A73C7#
are not in the new translation file.

klint

Hi

Shouldn't the next entry be refreshed a bit? Just asking in case it applies to newer versions of Windows as well.

Line 1474: #Sys.help.CpbqsafVWc#   Can produce better quality sound and for VISTA/ Windows7 computers, performance is better

Regards

Steven

• Administrator
Shouldn't the next entry be refreshed a bit? Just asking in case it applies to newer versions of Windows as well.

Line 1474: #Sys.help.CpbqsafVWc# Can produce better quality sound and for VISTA/ Windows7 computers, performance is better
i have decided to remove that tool tip as the comparison was with XP

Steven

• Administrator
that can be made to work.
I would change the .n variation to replace {0} only with a number only ie. you would need to include the "selected files" part of the message in the #Main.msg.Rtsffp.n# translation text
with the change as described:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

Roadrunner

with the change as described:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

Great, perfect! I could use it in 7 of the 11 specified tags (not always the same as hiccup... but neither I could locate the usage of #Main.msg.addroplay#).

Steven

• Administrator
it should already be in the translation file:
Code
! {0} = number of files eg. 5 files added to playlist 'xxxx'
#Main.msg.addroplay#  {0} added to playlist '{1}'

hiccup

Code
#Main.msg.addroplay#  {0} added to playlist '{1}'
Yes, but my (our) question was where and when does it show up exactly?
It's not the text in the status bar where I suspected it might appear.

hiccup

I don't believe it's very sensible for the translators to upload our file every time we change something in it.
Would it be an idea if you could let it be known when you are ready to integrate them in a next MB release?
We could just upload our most recent version then.

Steven

• Administrator
Code
#Main.msg.addroplay#  {0} added to playlist '{1}'
Yes, but my (our) question was where and when does it show up exactly?
It's not the text in the status bar where I suspected it might appear.
select some files/ right click/ Add to Playlist/ <new playlist>

Roadrunner

me files/ right click/ Add to Playlist/ <new playlist>

Ah, ok, that's the "trick": There are different tags for adding files to a new playlist and for an existing one ???

Roadrunner

I don't believe it's very sensible for the translators to upload our file every time we change something in it.
Would it be an idea if you could let it be known when you are ready to integrate them in a next MB release?
We could just upload our most recent version then.

I don't upload every change I make, but usually one for each new beta. Even if it is not used very often, other people can download the file, don't have a mess with English and translated text and maybe they find some mistakes or have suggestions for better translations before it comes to an official release. Beta testing the translation work as well ;)