Author Topic: Translator Q&A  (Read 464750 times)

Steven

• Administrator
What is the meaning of this string:
#Main.msg.d # d
an abbreiviation for days, displayed in the stats on the right hand side of the status bar

boroda

it seems that "edit: inspect tags" hotkey description is not localizable.

hiccup

it seems that "edit: inspect tags" hotkey description is not localizable.

#Sys.msg.EdOpeTagIns#

hiccup

hiccup, thanks.

Steven, this fix and some minor updates:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o731lh4bgk84bt9/Russian_%2528dev%2529_2019-09-20.zip/file

It looks like you are still missing some entries?
(the lines with blue dots)

Or maybe some are obsolete by now?

boroda

it seems that last dozen entries from mb 2.5 localization file are missing in my translation. i haven't noted this because some of them are just rewording of existing entries.

hiccup, thanks a lot!

updated localization:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2qvijqpk2tjo65c/Russian_%2528dev%2529_2019-09-22.zip/file

boroda

Steven, i've found minor issue in tag editor. floating tag editor is using correct localization for "album rating", but docked tag editor is using just translated word "album". not sure if this acceptable for english, but it sounds awkward for russian.

floating:

docked:

hiccup

untranslated/untranslatable:

track with thumbnail settings:

now playing side panel

Jukebox preferences has 'track details' as header, and some texts are not translated:

'seconds' here is not using the translation:

'semitones' has no translation yet:

hiccup

P.S.

In the latest translation file, MEX.msg.AlbPanSet# should say #MEX.msg.AlbPanSet#

hiccup

It could well be me having failed to keep translation source files updated and actual.
So if I missed something important here, let me know.

But for now I am asking:

Once in a while I observe differences between what is in the English language source files I have available, and what is actually displayed in MusicBee.

Just one random example:

The file I have says:

But when I look at MusicBee I see:

I am not sure what the cause of these discrepancies is, but what would help (me and probably other current and future translators too) is if a complete and up-to-date source translation file was available.

Also, having put some time and effort again recently in trying to update and improve my translation, I see a lot of entries that I very much doubt if it is perhaps a waste of time trying to translate/improve since they perhaps won't be showing up anywhere.

So, a publication of an actual and comprehensive translation file would really help to make things a bit better and easier.

hiccup

And here my probably least valuable contribution for the day; shouldn't bing be written Bing?:

hiccup

Steven, i've found minor issue in tag editor. floating tag editor is using correct localization for "album rating", but docked tag editor is using just translated word "album". not sure if this acceptable for english, but it sounds awkward for russian.

Confirming that docked and floating differ here.
I agree in not seeing a good reason to abbreviate 'album rating' to 'album' when it's docked.

klint

Hi
Here is another untranslated string, in the Podcast subscription settings/edit page (#sub.ctl.871650AE# in the file):

Thanks

hiccup

Hi
Here is another untranslated string, in the Podcast subscription settings/edit page (#sub.ctl.871650AE# in the file):

If you change it to: #Sub.ctl.871650AE# it works ;-)

klint

If you change it to: #Sub.ctl.871650AE# it works ;-)
Good catch, thanks Hiccup!

But Steven, here are 2 other untranslated strings, in the podcast downloads popup:

Cheers