Author Topic: Translator Q&A  (Read 469794 times)

Steven

• Administrator

Roadrunner

The following one has not only to do with translation, for me it seems to be a little bit confusing even in English...:
  • The tag "#MBL.msg.playlman# playlist manager" seems to be used nowhere,
  • but the help text "#MBL.msg.PlayMan# Shows and enables management of playlists."
  • belongs to the tag "#Main.msg.PlayDirect# Playlist Directory" in the panel management
  • In addition there's a "#Main.menu.PlayDire# Playlist Explorer" which looks pretty the same, but is activated from the left navigation.
So, three different words for (almost) the same... Couldn't/shouldn't handling and words be changed to exact the same?

And could anyone explain to a dummy where "#TM.msg.SaveAsOrg# Save As Organised Artwork" is used... ???

hiccup

I noticed that: #Sys.ctl.6783B757# says: "album cover search rules:" in the translator file that I am using, but in MB 3.1 it now displays "set which pictures are displayed".
The same for: #Sys.btn.36C6EB07# which in the translator file says: "Set Retrieval Filter...", but in MB itself now says: "Edit List:".
Are those definitive changes? Are there perhaps more changes that are not in this translator file?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
And could anyone explain to a dummy where "#TM.msg.SaveAsOrg# Save As Organised Artwork" is used... ???
In Preferences> Tags (1)> artwork storage
if you have the option 'copy to the same folder as the music file and name as:' ticked, then it would show up as one of the 'Save To...' options for artwork in the file editor.
It could be obselete though, as the text now says 'link to an organised copy of the picture'
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
The following one has not only to do with translation, for me it seems to be a little bit confusing even in English...:
  • The tag "#MBL.msg.playlman# playlist manager" seems to be used nowhere,
  • but the help text "#MBL.msg.PlayMan# Shows and enables management of playlists."
  • belongs to the tag "#Main.msg.PlayDirect# Playlist Directory" in the panel management
  • In addition there's a "#Main.menu.PlayDire# Playlist Explorer" which looks pretty the same, but is activated from the left navigation.
So, three different words for (almost) the same... Couldn't/shouldn't handling and words be changed to exact the same?
they all refer to the same core functionality which is to manage playlists
#MBL.msg.playlman# is no longer used
these are the relevant ones:
Code
#MBL.msg.PlayMan#	Shows and enables management of playlists.
! used to be called the Playlist Manager, in the left navigator
#Main.menu.PlayDire# Playlist Explorer
#Sys.ctl.EAD654EC# playlist explorer
! used as a panel header for a list of playlist files
#Main.msg.PlayDirect# Playlist Directory
! the panel referenced in the panel arrangement dialog
#MBL.msg.playdirect# playlist directory
"Playlist Explorer" refers to a node on the left navigator which opens the "Playlists" (#Main.tree.Playlists#) tab
and the lower case "playlist explorer" is in the Preferences/Layout window to toggle whether the node is displayed

"Playlist Directory" is the header name given to a standalone panel that can be arranged in the musicbee panel arrangement dialog.
#MBL.msg.playdirect# is the label for the panel in the panel arrangement dialog and #MBL.msg.PlayMan# is the help text for that panel

"#TM.msg.SaveAsOrg# Save As Organised Artwork" is used in Tools/ Artwork/ Album Artwork Manager
when you right click on a picture in the right of that panel. However it only shows if the artwork is not already organised
Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:44:52 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I noticed that: #Sys.ctl.6783B757# says: "album cover search rules:" in the translator file that I am using, but in MB 3.1 it now displays "set which pictures are displayed".
The same for: #Sys.btn.36C6EB07# which in the translator file says: "Set Retrieval Filter...", but in MB itself now says: "Edit List:".
Are those definitive changes? Are there perhaps more changes that are not in this translator file?
yes they are definitive changes. I will include them in the new file

Roadrunner

"#TM.msg.SaveAsOrg# Save As Organised Artwork" is used in Tools/ Artwork/ Album Artwork Manager
when you right click on a picture in the right of that panel. However it only shows if the artwork is not already organised
Finally got it, thx (together with Bee-lievers hint, thx too), it's quite a tricky one...

they all refer to the same core functionality which is to manage playlists
That's what I understood. But in my opinion it could have the same name - independently of its use as a tab or panel: When the "Playlist Directory" is integrated in the panel, clicking on Navigators "Playlist Explorer" does nothing but change the header name and removing the playlists from the library navigation part (at least for me it looks like). So it might even make sense to automatically remove the "Playlist Explorer" from the Navigator if the "Playlist Directory" is shown in a panel...

klint

Hi folks
Just returning from some days away...
With one question: has the translation file been updated since Feb 26th?
Thanks

hiccup

With one question: has the translation file been updated since Feb 26th?

No, not yet.

hiccup

#MBL.msg.playlman#   playlist manager

was present in the previous language file, but is absent from the one posted today.
Is that intentional?

hiccup

The translation for: #Sys.ctl.EA798918# is not  being reflected in MB.
(the 'Exclude' button)

(3.1.6335)

Steven

• Administrator
The translation for: #Sys.ctl.EA798918# is not  being reflected in MB.
(the 'Exclude' button)
it should be #Sys.btn.EA798918#
and has been corrected now

#MBL.msg.playlman# playlist manager

was present in the previous language file, but is absent from the one posted today.
Is that intentional?
i dont recall the history but its definitely not used any more

hiccup

#Floc.msg.ArtTitMatch# Artist, Title match

Technically this could be interpreted as both 'Artist and Title' or 'Artist or Title'.
(it's most certainly the first, but I guess I am trying to say it would better say 'and' instead of a comma)
Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:05:46 PM by hiccup

hiccup

These two should probably also say 'btn' instead of 'ctl'?:

#Sys.ctl.EDD1FA53#.
#Sys.ctl.1E283F2D#

Steven

• Administrator
#Floc.msg.ArtTitMatch# Artist, Title match

Technically this could be interpreted as both 'Artist and Title' or 'Artist or Title'.
(it's most certainly the first, but I guess I am trying to say it would better say 'and' instead of a comma)
it means and. Its done that way to compress the space used

These two should probably also say 'btn' instead of 'ctl'?:

#Sys.ctl.EDD1FA53#.
#Sys.ctl.1E283F2D#
yes you are right and the file has been corrected