Author Topic: I have to start a CD ripping in Media Player to get Music Bee to rip at max.  (Read 2685 times)

greatfox

Is this bug?
If I rip a CD in Musicbee, it only goes at 4x.  However, if I open the CD in Media Player and start ripping the CD (I cancel it but I start the first track), then I return to MusicBee, it will then rip at my drive's max speed, which is up to 48x.

What gives????

Steven

• Administrator
If you click the Settings button in the rip dialog, the default rip speed is set to Maximum. You could try setting it to 48x but I dont expect that would make a difference as its ultimately windows/ the device/ quality of the cd that will make the final determination

greatfox

If you click the Settings button in the rip dialog, the default rip speed is set to Maximum. You could try setting it to 48x but I dont expect that would make a difference as its ultimately windows/ the device/ quality of the cd that will make the final determination

When I was working in tech support for a computer manufacturer, this is the equivalent of telling the person on the phone that it was not our problem and to call Microsoft, even though the computer is incapable of doing anything without an OS.

frankz

Everyone is so unpleasant responding to suggestions and advice today what gives?

greatfox

Everyone is so unpleasant responding to suggestions and advice today what gives?

That was a suggestion to F off.  I don't take it well.  I'd rather pay for MusicBee and get real tech support.

hiccup

That was a suggestion to F off.  I don't take it well.  I'd rather pay for MusicBee and get real tech support.

So you believe that in general payed software has better support than what MusicBee is providing for free on this forum?
Maybe it's time for a reality check?

greatfox

That was a suggestion to F off.  I don't take it well.  I'd rather pay for MusicBee and get real tech support.

So you believe that in general payed software has better support than what MusicBee is providing for free on this forum?
Maybe it's time for a reality check?

Not necessarily, but at least some responsibility for the product would be due, if the creator of the software actually got paid for his hard work and time.

At least someone might be able to tell me how a CD rips at maximum in Windows Media Player, but MusicBee won't, unless I first start ripping it in Media Player.  This seems to me to be a problem with MusicBee interfacing properly with either the OS or my external drive.  In either case, I don't see how I or anyone else on this forum besides the writer can solve it.

hiccup

Not necessarily, but at least some responsibility for the product would be due, if the creator of the software actually got paid for his hard work and time.
Wow.
So you are saying the developer doesn't feel much responsibility for this fantastic software.

It would be good if you could take a step back and sprinkle some relativity on the gravity of this cd-ripping issue you are experiencing.
If that's difficult for you it might indeed be better to F off.
Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:22:46 AM by hiccup

frankz

At least someone might be able to tell me how a CD rips at maximum in Windows Media Player, but MusicBee won't, unless I first start ripping it in Media Player.  This seems to me to be a problem with MusicBee interfacing properly with either the OS or my external drive.  In either case, I don't see how I or anyone else on this forum besides the writer can solve it.
Or...the author of the software knows how it works, knows how it interfaces with the OS, and knows that there's nothing he can adjust within the software that will have any effect on this issue, so he told you that.

It would be good if you could take a step back and sprinkle some relativity on the gravity of this cd-ripping issue you are experiencing.
Yeah, then there's that as well.

phred

• Global Moderator
Okay boys, let's settle down. Please don't force me to lock the thread. Everybody play nice.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

greatfox

Wow.
So you are saying the developer doesn't feel much responsibility for this fantastic software.

Would you like to take me over your knee and spank me some for being naughty?  I might even like it!   ;)

I am saying that:  iTunes and Windows Media Player rip at 40x, but Musicbee will not.  I guarantee that if I posted on Windows forums, they would say as long as Windows Media Player is working fine, then it is a problem with Musicbee, and I would tend to agree.

SkyZippr

It's not that I don't enjoy watching people rating at each other for another page, but I think posting the screenshot of your CD ripping setting might actually help.

CaffeineCarl

Is this bug?
If I rip a CD in Musicbee, it only goes at 4x.  However, if I open the CD in Media Player and start ripping the CD (I cancel it but I start the first track), then I return to MusicBee, it will then rip at my drive's max speed, which is up to 48x.

What gives????

I'm experiencing the exact same issue, although I didn't know starting a rip in Media Player would spin the drive up! That's a clever way of jumpstarting the drive, but wow is it ever a kludge. There needs to be an option to spin up the drive when you start ripping. I believe it was actually Real Jukebox that had that option but it used to speed up the process a ton!