Author Topic: Using MusicBee EQ with WASAPI Exclusive  (Read 1500 times)

Tom C

I am a long-time MusicBee user and I love it though I have only used this forum once and that was to place an enhancement request.

I have a relatively large library, almost exclusively flac files.  Quite a few are 96 and 192K.  I just got a new DAC, the Schiit Modius and it was recommended that it be connected to my Windows 10 desktop PC via USB and to use WASAPI Exclusive.

I have two different sets of headphones that I use most of the time.  Sennheiser HD6XX and Mitchell and Johnson JP1.  I also have a pair of ATH M40X that I don't use very often.

I understand that WASAPI Exclusive sends the raw data stream to the DAC without letting Windows "enhance" it.  My question is that if I use the EQ feature that is included in MusicBee, will the equalizations defined be applied in MusicBee before the stream is sent or just ignored.

frankz

I find it odd that this wouldn't be something that you just checked yourself.

But, yes, they are applied.

Tom C

I did check it and I thought that I heard a difference but I wanted to be sure that I wasn't just hearing what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for the confirmation.

frankz

What I usually do to test if something is on is take one of the sliders and jack it all the way up.  That way there's no question as to what I'm hearing. 

Probably safer to take it all the way down to 0, but I live on the edge like that.