Author Topic: search function nnot working-stopped, worked fine up to now  (Read 986 times)

maricusa

i get this error message and it says to report it:

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38139D  (Win6.1), 15 Dec 2020 18:07:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=zsbx$OReioAwm.#=zmtmF2d17lRvq(#=zzPjld9U= #=zgPTvR$Y=, Boolean #=zaZtIbKE2XbOf)
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=zsbx$OReioAwm.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=zPDFE8Uo=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=zHtEf7r5NvoOIlAZv2tlwPAI=.WndProc(Message& #=zcoS3AB0=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you doing a custom search? Or using the search box? For the entire library? Or local node?
Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 01:52:28 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

maricusa

as i always do and it has always worked up to now, i type an artist name in the search box, usually to get any and all music of that artist, or a song title because i can't find it and i know i have it. 
does that error message means somthing to get this fixed?

thanks

Steven

• Administrator
That error relates to clicking a node in the left navigator, so it doesnt really tie in with what you are saying. Unfortunately without more info on what you did exactly, the error message is not specific enough.
I suggest you update to v3.4 from the first forum topic as a lot of bugs are fixed and if it happens again, try to recall the steps you took for it to happen

maricusa

all i can tell u is what appears on my screen and when i tried to search THAT is the error message i got
and all i am doing is what i have detailed as i ha ve been doing for thepast 2 years:  i type a name of a song or an artist, click all library (where to search andnothing happens-- what else can i tell u that will get me some help?

The Incredible Boom Boom

what else can i tell u that will get me some help?

I suggest you update to v3.4 from the first forum topic as a lot of bugs are fixed and if it happens again, try to recall the steps you took for it to happen