Really? Half a million duplicates!?
If that happened to me I would be curious to understand how that happened in the first place, and I would not be looking at MusicBee to magically solve it for me.
Do you have any clue on the origins of this disaster?
Like I wrote before, I used to run MB 3.2 to manage my 100,000+ records collection.
I bought a 6T exterior hard drive to replace my 4T hard drive, since additions meant more space, and I copied everything from the 4T to the 6T (this took a few days
Then, I uninstalled MusicBee 3.2, and then, to make sure there would be no leftovers, I deleted the MB folder and anything left under Program Files. I wanted a clean plate. I installed MusicBee 3.3 and, after deleting everything from the 4T HD, I let MB scan the 6T HD (this took almost a day
) Which, btw, had a different drive letter, so there would be no mixup there.
When the scan ended, my library had duplicates of every single entry, as you can see in the screenshots. Seems there was a database file I missed when I was deleting everything MB-related. But, if I did miss it, it must have been under some other folder I didn't know anything about.
No, I'm not asking MB to magically solve my problem. There are no magical solutions, only kind people who help each other in times of need.