Author Topic: MusicBee won't auto-tag some of my cds  (Read 1408 times)

Mireheb

Hello, I'd like to thank and apologize to anyone in advance for their time.
With that said, I'm having problems with cd tags on MB. When I insert a cd there is no information about the album at all. The only thing you can see is the duration of each track, so like:
Track 01       3:19
Track 02       3:37
...and so on.
I should say this doesn't happen with every cd, and all my cds play correctly so it's just a tagging thing really. Windows Media Player can identify all the tags with no problem, why can't MB?
All the auto-tagging sources are turned on as well. This worked for a while (before I turned Gracenote on I had the same issue) but a week or two ago it stopped working again. Is it just a Gracenote issue then?
I also tried reinstalling MB and restarting my pc but nothing worked.

Again I'm really sorry, I didn't want to ask for help but this is really inconvenient to me and it's been bothering me. Thank you.
(Also I am aware some users already made similar topics but after going through them I still couldn't fix my problem)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, I believe Gracenote stopped working for everyone now. And any source depends on having the CD in the database with a disc ID present.

The good news is, unlike Gracenote, your can actually check the MusicBrainz database to see if your CD is there, and if it's not you can add it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Mireheb

Oh wow I can't believe it was so simple... thanks a lot!