Author Topic: Musicbee stops responding  (Read 2835 times)

late

In my configuration I have set Track Information to be always on in the right sidebar. When I try to access the settings "Customize Layout", MB freezes completely. I can still use media keys, visualizer works, etc. However, mouse control doesn't work at all, I cannot click on anything in MB, and I have to kill the app in Task Manager to restore functionality. Best I can describe it is that there's an invisible settings window that I would have to close. Pressing ESC doesn't help.

Windows 7 x64
MB 3.4.7628

The Incredible Boom Boom

What happens when MB is frozen and you press SHIFT + ALT + F4?

late

(SHIFT +) ALT + F4 closes something and I can use MB normally again. I tested a bit more and pressing Arrange Panels in Layout (1) freezes MB too. Freeze is not accurate to describe the issue (as is "not responding") though, because music continues playing normally.

phred

• Global Moderator
Might you have the DLNA/UPNP plugin installed? If so, disable it, close MB, find the plugin's .dll in the plugin directory and delete it. Then restart MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

late

No DLNA/UPNP. I have Last.fm recommendations and stats, lyricsreloaded, and theatermode plugins.

phred

• Global Moderator
The DLNA/UPNP plugin was a wild guess as it's been know to be a memory hog often resulting in locking up MB.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

The Incredible Boom Boom

I think @late is experiencing an issue I have had recently too.

Some pop-up windows "unvisibly" open and I haven't found a way to bring them to front. I have to "close" to the "unvisible" pop-up with SHIFT + ALT + F4. A few updates back, it happened to me with when trying to open the "Rename/Edit" window in the Additional Tagging Tools plug-in and I had to reinstall the plug-in to get it to work. A few weeks ago, it struck again, but this time, the Volume Analyzer pop-up is also affected.

EDIT: Deleting the DialogStateSettings file in AppData restored the Volume Analyzer, but no luck with the "Rename/Edit" pop-up in Additional Tagging Tools.
Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 12:26:52 AM by The Incredible Boom Boom

Steven

• Administrator
if you have a particular window that always does this then let me know if you will a debug version. I wont be able to help with the tag tools plugin window though - only musicbee specific ones

late

I can certainly try to run a debug version of MB, though I would like to ask about the data that is collected.

phred

• Global Moderator
I can certainly try to run a debug version of MB, though I would like to ask about the data that is collected.
Typically the debug version will add additional data to the error log and Steven will request that you send the relevant lines of the log to him via a PM with a link to the log. Since the error log is a text file, you can read what data is collected before you send it to Steven.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

late

Typically the debug version will add additional data to the error log and Steven will request that you send the relevant lines of the log to him via a PM with a link to the log. Since the error log is a text file, you can read what data is collected before you send it to Steven.

Fair enough, if it is just a text file - which I can inspect myself as well, I can run it.

Steven

• Administrator
http://www.mediafire.com/file/avzpcymcu21rm5u/MusicBeeDebugScreen.zip/file
unzip and replace the existing musicbee.exe

Run MB as normal and open the problem dialog, then send me the information at the end of the error log starting with: "form="
(help/ support/ view error log)

late

Code
form=Track Information,pt={X=-1756,Y=152},size={Width=741, Height=563}
screen={X=0,Y=0,Width=1920,Height=1080},work area={X=0,Y=0,Width=1920,Height=1040}
not in bounds, reset={X=0,Y=0}
final location={X=-1756,Y=152}
form=Preferences,pt={X=0,Y=173},size={Width=739, Height=722}
screen={X=0,Y=0,Width=1920,Height=1080},work area={X=0,Y=0,Width=1920,Height=1040}
final location={X=0,Y=173}
form=MusicBee Panels Configuration,pt={X=-1531,Y=105},size={Width=946, Height=786}
not in bounds, reset={X=0,Y=0}
final location={X=-1531,Y=105}

I managed to grab an older copy of MB (3.4.7597) from a shadowcopy and with that, the track information panel and "arrange panels" in Layout (1) work normally.

Steven

• Administrator

late