Author Topic: What have you been listening to recently?  (Read 25778 times)

Música

Jazz Cafe FM On Line, an excellent Argentinean station, on one of my internet radio devices: Jazz, Bossa Nova, and Smooth Jazz with no ads, 24/7.

Terry Walker

Jazz Cafe FM On Line, an excellent Argentinean station, on one of my internet radio devices: Jazz, Bossa Nova, and Smooth Jazz with no ads, 24/7.
no ads 24/7 would be great  ;D

Holbytla

Been a while since I made this thread so... right now I've been listening a lot to Fleetwood Mac. Also Blaze Bayley since he's releasing a new album on April 9. For those who don't know him, he was Iron Maiden's singer for a few years in the 90s.

sveakul

Recently Warren Zevon's "Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School" album, classic.

frankz

In an obsessive Power Pop phase right now. Way down the rabbit hole in Apple Music with related artists of related artists of related artists.  Been picking up the incredible International Pop Overthrow 22 volume series as I can.  Mad library growth these past three months.

Get the Knack is an all time top 10 album for me and I can't believe I never bothered to listen to But the little girls understand and Round Trip until this weekend. What was I thinking?  Never believe the lying media.  They're not as good, but they don't miss that mark by all that much like it's made out to be.

In Power Pop there are guys who try to sound like 1964 and guys who try to sound like Elvis Costello and despite being a big Beatles guy I'm very much in the Elvis Costello camp on this.  Give me distorted guitars, big drums and sneering vocals every day of the week.

hiccup

In an obsessive Power Pop phase right now.
Ha, funny, I am experiencing that with City pop.

frankz

Ha, funny, I am experiencing that with City pop.
It's strange what hits you at a certain time. I've always sort of favored that late 70s / early 80s aesthetic, but I must have heard something back at the end of 2020 that really got to me and I started down this path and I can't seem to stop.  Good luck with your journey - mine has been kind of thrilling to be honest.

Terry Walker

Been a while since I made this thread so... right now I've been listening a lot to Fleetwood Mac. Also Blaze Bayley since he's releasing a new album on April 9. For those who don't know him, he was Iron Maiden's singer for a few years in the 90s.
Kudos! It such a nice thread especially for me whom music is my life. Music for me is just something that helps me escape and be totally free from everything.

Holbytla

Kudos! It such a nice thread especially for me whom music is my life. Music for me is just something that helps me escape and be totally free from everything.

Cool! Music is awesome like that.  8)

watdub

Listening to Etta James ("The Essential" CD).  Knew who she was but not her music.  Very impressed so far.
Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:27:15 PM by watdub

arish

Been listening to a lot of late 90s American indie rock lately, Mineral, Built to Spill, The Gloria Record, etc.
Hits you in the feels~

Música

Marcia Ball, Wycliffe Gordon, and Paco de Lucía this week...

bloodfu

Holbytla here. So yeah, right now I'm really into Enigma and Enya.