Author Topic: Durée des pistes  (Read 944 times)

Pirounette

La durée des pistes dans la liste des pistes est correcte et correspond à la durée réelle du morceaux quand on la regarde dans l'explorateur de Windows.
Cette durée n'est pas correcte dans le panneau du bas
Par exemple pour une piste qui dure 4:47 l'affichage dans le panneau du bas donne 6:02
Je voudrais savoir comment faire pour avoir la bonne duré dans le panneau du bas
Merci d'avance

sveakul

Your posts will probably get the most responses if you post them in English using an online translator (i.e., https://www.deepl.com/en/translator).  That's what I had to do in order to read your post.  My first question would be, what version of MusicBee are you using?  The first thing to try to fix the issue is to update to the latest version of 3.4.x available from the end of the thread here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=32142.0 .  If you are not already running the 3.3.x version, you'll need to update to that first.  Please choose either the Installer or the Portable, not the Store version, as the latter cannot be manually updated.
Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 05:50:08 PM by sveakul

hiccup

I agree with sveakul.

Also, what file types are the problematic files?
If they are mp3, run them through mp3val and/or mp3diags to correct possible issues.
Then use rescan in MusicBee on them and then see if the issue is fixed.

Pirounette

Thank you for your answers.
I am using version 3.4.7620. I found a patch version 3.4 on the site
All my files are mp3 which have been processed and whose tags have been made with Mp3Tag and in MusicBee it is all the files which have a duration problem in the bottom panel and which gives a false duration.
I followed Hiccup's advice and looked at these files with mp3val. They all have a problem and after correction the duration becomes good in the bottom panel.
I am very happy and thank you very much

hiccup

That's great.
In defense of Mp3tag, the time duration issue is most likely caused by the software that was used to encode the original format to mp3.
So Mp3tag is probably not to blame.

I also believe that MusicBee calculates/reads the track duration of mp3 tracks differently then some other players. So on some players this issue may not show.

Pirounette

In fact it is not Mp3tag which is responsible but Direct MP3 joiner.
I decided to add a spoken title to all the tracks. I recorded the name of the song and the performers in an mp3 file with TextAloud then I added this title file to my music tracks with Direct MP3 Joiner. These files are the problem in MusicBee because if I read the files without the title everything is correct.
When I look at the problems in Mp3Val I get for each file Incorrect number of MPEG frames specified in Xing header and Incorrect number of MPEG data bytes specified in Xing header
Once the corrections are made with Mp3Val everything becomes correct again

sveakul

Yes, Mp3val has also helped me many times.  If you want you can add it to your Tools in MusicBee (Preferences/Tools/External Applications) so you can check files right from MusicBee (select file(s), right-click. Send To->External Tool).  Here is what I have in External Applications for it:

Name:  Mp3val-fix

Application path:  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

Parameters:  /k c:\mp3val\mp3val.exe "<URLs>" -f -nb

This will open a command window and run Mp3val against the files you have selected, fixing them if needed, and skipping the creation of a backup file;  the window will stay open afterwards until you exit it so you can see what transpired.  If you do want a backup created, remove the "-nb" option.  Change the path to mp3val.exe to wherever you have it on your system.  If problems were fixed, be sure to re-scan the files in MusicBee so it picks up the changes.
Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 06:55:24 PM by sveakul