Author Topic: "Involved People List" and Embedded Album Art Duplicate Issue  (Read 2011 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

1) When viewing the Tag Inspector on some files containing "Involved People List" in both MP3TAG and MusicBee, things are fine. However, in the Tag Editor, the list is duplicated as below...

engineer:Yasuo Higashidate;engineer:Fuyuhiko Inui;engineer:Satoshi Kumasaka;engineer:Gen Okamura;producer:Yuka Akiyama;producer:max matsuura;producer:Naoto Suzuki;arranger:菊地圭介;mixer:Dave Way;;\sengineer:Yasuo Higashidate; engineer:Fuyuhiko Inui; engineer:Satoshi Kumasaka; engineer:Gen Okamura; producer:Yuka Akiyama; producer:max matsuura; producer:Naoto Suzuki; arranger:菊地圭介; mixer:Dave Way;

What appears to be happening is that MusicBee references the list in the tag, and if there is no line break (possibly) between the role and the person involved (happens even when there is only one role:person;), some weird stuff happens and it recreates the list. Sometimes it only displays improperly in the Tag Editor, but other times it rewrites the tags incorrectly as well. This began when I set the "Involved People List" to the Custom Tag.

2) I'm not sure why this is occurring either, but I sometimes when I save information in the Tag Editor, MusicBee duplicates the embedded album cover art. This has been happening for a long time, but I'm not sure if this happens each time a tag is saved. It did just happen to four tracks I saved, however.
Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 02:07:13 AM by The Incredible Boom Boom

Steven

• Administrator
engineer:Yasuo Higashidate;engineer:Fuyuhiko Inui;engineer:Satoshi Kumasaka;engineer:Gen Okamura;producer:Yuka Akiyama;producer:max matsuura;producer:Naoto Suzuki;arranger:菊地圭介;mixer:Dave Way;;\sengineer:Yasuo Higashidate; engineer:Fuyuhiko Inui; engineer:Satoshi Kumasaka; engineer:Gen Okamura; producer:Yuka Akiyama; producer:max matsuura; producer:Naoto Suzuki; arranger:菊地圭介; mixer:Dave Way;
Can you send me a link to the file

Can you also give me a set of steps to reproduce this as I cant reproduce any issues. I know there are forum members who use this feature and I haven't heard this issue before so its probably something specific you are doing that triggers it
Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 07:20:06 AM by Steven

The Incredible Boom Boom

Can you send me a link to the file

Just tested this file

Can you also give me a set of steps to reproduce this as I cant reproduce any issues. I know there are forum members who use this feature and I haven't heard this issue before so its probably something specific you are doing that triggers it

I think I've narrowed both issues down to happening with just MP3 files. The file linked above shows producer:Kanye West; in MP3TAG and the Tag Inspector, but producer:Kanye West;; producer:Kanye West; in the Tag Editor (and in the Main Panel and Track Information panels.) If erase the incorrect bit and save, it displays correctly in MP3TAG, the Tag Inspecator and the Tag Editor, but then embedded album art is duplicated in the file. If I make any changes in MP3TAG, producer:Kanye West;; producer:Kanye West; then reappears in the Tag Editor (and Main Panel/Track Information), but continues to display properly in both MP3TAG and the Tag Inspector.
Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:46:35 PM by psychoadept

Steven

• Administrator
I am afraid i cant reproduce anything that you say. Can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
Also do you use the Additional Tagging Tools plugin with the auto-update feature enabled?

edit:
nevermind as i know how to reproduce the duplication now.
I think you have configured mp3Tag to duplicate the tags to APEv2 and also to ID3. I will think about what the appropriate handling should be. I recommend you set mp3Tag to save to one or the other and not both
Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:09:08 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator

The Incredible Boom Boom

edit:
nevermind as i know how to reproduce the duplication now.
I think you have configured mp3Tag to duplicate the tags to APEv2 and also to ID3. I will think about what the appropriate handling should be. I recommend you set mp3Tag to save to one or the other and not both

Doooh!! I was even thinking along that path, that maybe it had something to do with ID3v1 and ID3v2 (I don't delete ID3v1 tags), but I didn't even think about APE tags.

Thanks for the quick update. You're awesome!