Author Topic: Original Tags  (Read 8321 times)

Steven

• Administrator
in Tags(1) Preferences
click "Define Custom Tags"
enter REMIXER in the identifer field
the defaults should be ok
save
choose one the custom tags 1-9
enter a label (which sounds like what you did)
then choose the Remixer tag you just defined
on saving MB will rescan the entire library (so it can load the tag)

cartman005

EDIT: He beat me to it.

Steven, please correct me if any of this is incorrect but I will try to explain this to the best of my knowledge.

Because you chose save to MusicBee only, it won't actually write anything to the tag, it will only keep it in the MusicBee cache.

If you click open the Tag Editor and click on the '...' next to artist, you are able to enter an artist and choose their role (Artist, Guest Artist, Performer or Remixer). Artist, Performer and Remixer will link to ID3 tags in the file, Guest Artist and Display Artist will not as they are currently defined by MusicBee only.

If you still want to see a separate field in the Tags (2) tab of the Tag Editor, here is what you need to do:
   1. Go to Preferences, Tags (1). Click on Define New Tags...
   2. Enter Remixer into the Identifer field and click Save. The other fields will automatically be populated.
   3. Under the Custom Tags area of the Tags (1) preferences, enter the name Remixer as the display name of custom 1 (or any other custom tag number).
   4. For 'save to music file as tag', select Remixer from the drop-down list.
   5. Click 'Save'.

The Remixer tag should now show under the Tags (2) tab of the Tag Editor. It will link to the TXXX\REMIXER ID3 tag and you can check this in the Tag Inspector. However, the values from the one under the Artist Splitter and the one in the Tags (2) tab will not sync in my experience. I don't know if this is intended behavior or not.

I hope this explains it.

Blinghound

Thanks guys, I got it working.

Cartman, what do you mean by not synching? Do you mean if you edit the Remixer tag in Tags(2) it wont sync over to the artist splitter? It seems to be working at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out

Steven

• Administrator
The Remixer tag should now show under the Tags (2) tab of the Tag Editor. It will link to the TXXX\REMIXER ID3 tag and you can check this in the Tag Inspector. However, the values from the one under the Artist Splitter and the one in the Tags (2) tab will not sync in my experience. I don't know if this is intended behavior or not.
its ages since i did this but i'm pretty sure thats what was intended - just edit it via the custom tag

Talos

I love MusicBee's tag management features.  Really nicely done!  One thing I would like to see is for MusicBee to identify the type of tag, and - if possible - change tags from one type to another.

In my case, the reason is I set up EAC to save the tags as ID3V2.4 in my FLAC files.  This gave me a number of problems, which I resolved when I learned more about tagging.  I now leave EAC's ID3 tags box unchecked.  However, I have a whole bunch of FLAC files with ID3 tags.  Even if you can't do the conversion of one type to the other, it would still be helpful to have MusicBee at least tell me what format of tag it thinks it is reading.  I am assuming it has to know the tag format in order to read it properly?...

Thanks..

cartman005

If you go to Edit and then click on Tag Inspector, at the top it shows the tag format, if that is what you are looking for.