A widget for controlling MusicBee via the XBOX Game Bar (which despite its name, runs on your desktop PC). For those of you not familiar, just press Win G to open the game bar and when installed, the MusicBee widget will be available to add to the game bar, and also available to be pinned so its always open.
Unfortunately its not straight-forward to install and you need to follow these instructions very carefully
- unzip https://getmusicbee.com/download/plugins/MusicBeeGameBarWidget.zip
to a folder eg. the MusicBee\Plugins folder, but it can be anywhere
Install the MusicBee plugin certificate - this only needs to be done once.
- These instructions apply to Windows10 20H1 or above. In older windows 10 versions, you need to enable developer mode
1. in Windows Explorer, open the root folder where you installed the plugin
2. and double click on: "MusicBeeXBoxWidget_22.214.171.124_x86.cer"
3. click the "Install Certificate" button
4. select "Local Machine" and click "Next". Click OK to confirm the UAC dialog.
5. select "Place all certificates in the following store"
6. and click the "Browse..." button
7. select "Trusted People" and click OK (not Trusted Publishers!)
8. click "Finish"
To install the widget (you must already have installed the certificate exactly as described above):
- in the root folder you installed the plugin
- double click on "MusicBeeXBoxWidget_126.96.36.199_x86.msixbundle" and click "Install"
- in MusicBee, enable the CD Art-Display plugin in Preferences/ Plugins
- thats it - if you press Win G, MusicBee Game Bar widget should be available for pinning and adding to the game bar menu
The widget will work with older MusicBee versions but for artwork to display you need the latest v3.4 patch version:https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files