Author Topic: Portable MusicBee3Settings.ini  (Read 1617 times)

Darwin4Ever

Hi

I'm trying to use MusicBeePortable_3_1_Update3

Is there no way to use MusicBeePortable in such a way that the MusicBee3Settings.ini (and other files) are not stored in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee but located in the directory of MusicBee.exe ?

Same applies to the default library-location but I assume this can be managed in MusicBee3Settings.ini

As it is now, is not really Portable

supersonic

I use the portable version (and just tried with the one from the download page to double check) and all the settings, files, AppData and Library are kept in the MusicBee folder in the directory I chose to 'install' MusicBee to, there's nothing in the C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming folder on mine, are you sure you got the portable version and didn't accidentally pick up the normal version, that's the only explanation I can think of?

sveakul

"Ditto" to what supersonic said.  In the portable version, the MusicBee3Settings.ini file is installed to (drive):\Musicbee(or whatever folder you picked)\AppData.  No MB files at all lie outside of its main folder.

You may have had a past install of the "installer" version and left the ..Roaming\ entry there from it, or you just mistakenly grabbed the installer instead of the portable version.

Darwin4Ever

Thanks.

I did "use" the MusicBeePortable_3_1_Update3.exe but didn't run it, I unzipped it and that was the reason. So far everything seems at first sight ok now.
I'll see how relocatable it is.

foxj

Possible - that you had run the installed version first then the portable. Maybe even copied the configuration ini into the portable version folder or pointed to the library from