Author Topic: Ratings and Synchronise Tags  (Read 665 times)

brick0852

Hi All.

I moved over to musicbee from itunes some time back and its the best thing ever. However, I have a problem.

I copied my library from one computer to another. Everything is gone across fine except for ratings. When MB rescans the library, it reverts to the ratings stored in the files, many of which are zero stars. Unfortunately, the Tools/Advanced/Synchronise Tags doesn't write to the files. If I rate a tune individually, it writes to the file fine but won't do the full library.

I've tried synchronise tags on the original computer, but the ratings still aren't written to the files. I've run MB as administrator but that doesn't work either. I had most of my 25k+ library rated and sorted with smart playlists but this is messing them up.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TLDR: synchronise tags is not writing ratings to files on two different computers. 

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Just to get it out of the way, you have checked the setting to save ratings to the files, right?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

brick0852

Thanks.

Yep. The changes write okay to the file if I do it individually. Changes are then permanent and can be seen in windows explorer, etc. It just seems to be that when I try to write the tags in bulk, by Synchronise Tags, the changes don't write and when a rescan happens the ratings get replaced with the file rating rather than the MusicBee database rating.

brick0852

Just an update. I don't know why synchronise tags didn't work but I worked around it by replacing the musicbee db file with the original (correct ratings) one and then unchecking update. I then made auto playlists for each rating, selected all files in each and right clicked to select the rating. It wrote the ratings to the file and all is good.