Author Topic: Custom Skins Misaligned--just happened  (Read 1271 times)

musicbee4dwd

Hello,

I just noticed that all of the custom skins I have been using are no mysteriously misaligned items, such as the volume control only has half the slider operational, buttons moved over where they shouldn't be, just general misalignment.

All the buttons are shifted to the right.

Steven

• Administrator
This happens for high dpi screen settings ie. in windows, the screen dpi > 100%

HirriAshana92

I also had this problem but now it is fixed for me.

When I contacted Clarence he explained that the skin uses high level graphics and the way MusicBee is set up it can have this problem on larger resolution screens especially is you scale over 100% as Steven said. I believe the only way to solve this problem at source is for the graphics handling of MusicBee to be rewritten to account for Hi-Def graphics but that would be a major undertaking.

In the meantime, Clarence suggested I refer to this post which can help with the problem for a lot of users. https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=31199.0

It works for me. Just remember that when Windows updates you may need to reset it again (not always tho).

musicbee4dwd

It's only 1080, but I increased the font size to 115%. However, it didn't have any problems until now. The normal MB skin doesn't do it.

Thanks for the link.

musicbee4dwd

Well, that didn't work. I changed the scaling back to 100%, and it fixed everything. I thought I just had font size changed, but I had 115% scaling dialed in. Then I tried changing just the Windows 10 text size, but it had no effect on text size anywhere.

phred

• Global Moderator
Well, that didn't work. I changed the scaling back to 100%, and it fixed everything.
That's correct. Your -screen- scaling must be at 100%. Did you follow the instructions in the link posted a few replies before this one?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

musicbee4dwd

Well, that didn't work. I changed the scaling back to 100%, and it fixed everything.
That's correct. Your -screen- scaling must be at 100%. Did you follow the instructions in the link posted a few replies before this one?

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said "That didn't work." It didn't fix the problem, and I restarted my rig after I applied the new scaling settings. I'll play with it  a little more when I get time.

So, are you saying that no matter what settings you use, if the scaling is not 100%, you'll get misalignment? It's strange because it was working for a week after I changed the scaling, and then just one morning, it was misaligned.

phred

• Global Moderator
So, are you saying that no matter what settings you use, if the scaling is not 100%, you'll get misalignment?
I think it depends on how the xmlc was constructed.

It's strange because it was working for a week after I changed the scaling, and then just one morning, it was misaligned.
Did you follow the instructions in the link in reply #2?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

musicbee4dwd

Did you follow the instructions in the link in reply #2?

Yes, I did follow the instructions in the link in reply #2