Author Topic: Unexpected line appears in main panel  (Read 4788 times)

fred

With the thumbnail browser & the column browser located in the main panel an unexpected line appears between the thumbnail browser and the column browser & Tracks panels as shown below:

Unexpected because all three panels (thumbnail, column browser & trackdetail) have all their bdr attributes set to the background colour. After some research the colour is that of Panel.Body.Default bdr attribute. Is this "expected behaviour" or is there any way I can get rid of the line?

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
yes that is the expected behavior. Why not set Panel.Body.Default bdr to the same pink colour

fred

Thanks for your prompt response - I thought that might be the answer. Anyway it's something I can live with.

If I set default bdr to pink it fixes the unexpected line in the main panel but there is now a pink border between black right/left sidebar and main panels which I definitely don't want. The inherent problem is that it is not possible to colour a panel based on its position.

Interestingly I found a thread from January 2014 which discussed this problem:
Is the reason you dont just set the border colour to black because it still shows a gap in the header bar?
Well, yeah. It annoy me. <element id="MainPanelSeparatorMargin">-1</element> would solve this but I have an error when I'm doing it.

But it's not only for that. Let's say I want the left panel to be green, but the central and left ones to be black (OK, really ugly but easier to show what's wrong instead of a dark grey left panel):
(click to enlarge)
I can't 'cause of the bg value of "Panel.Body.Default"
This setting set the color of too many things IMO:
 - The background of the left panel
 - The margin between left, central and right panels (1a, 1b, 3)
 - The 1 pixel margin when "Thumbnail Brower" is enabled (2). Forgot to add "Column Browser" on the SS. It add another 1 green pixel margin.
 - the background behind the vizualiser (5)
 - the scroll bar background of the Last.fm Similar Artists/Tracks plugin (4)
Left background should have its own setting
(4) should follow the setting of "Panel.ScrollBarBackground.Default"
(5) should have its own setting

With big margins:

BTW, nocited a bug with <element id="Panel.SearchBox" bdr="255,255,255" />
When the left panel is disabled/hidden, MB doesn't draw the left side of the bdr: