Author Topic: Skype Now Playing Plugin  (Read 36666 times)

Mikey

Hi Kelsos, it look slike the latest update to Skype messed something up.  No more status updates....Could you check it out whenever you get a chance? Thanks!

kelsos

of course. I will check it as soon as I find some free time.

kelsos

I was working a version for MusicBee v2, that ditches the Skype4COM library and instead it directly hooks on the Skype API, this version seems to work with the latest skype version fine. could you tell me if you use the v2 beta or the 1.4 stable?  so I know for which .Net version should I build it?

musika

Got the latest version from the first post and it works great.

Thanks!

PureLoneWolf

Hi there

I just started using this today and it is working really well  :)

However, is it possible for it to clear my mood/status (or set it back to what it was) when the music stops or MusicBee is closed?

I have had a few comments today from people asking me how long the track is :)

Thanks

kelsos

I think that there is something like that already implemented though if I recall correctly it should have some issues in some cases... (restoring the previous mood). I will however check both (and the duration thing) as soon as I have some extra time available (probably starting October) before resuming the work on Remote... my guess is that they should not require that much time

PureLoneWolf

Excellent, thanks.  For me, just clearing it would be perfect :)

kelsos

I started working on some minor changes however I run across the following.
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12349/skype-says-my-application-will-stop-working-with-skype-in-december-2013-why-is-that

It seems that Skype will be discontinuing the Desktop API as of December, which means that for every version released afterward the plugin will not function.

If anyone is still interested for a new build I could provide one.

The changes in the new build will be the following:

* Unicode note character removed, (there where a lot of cases where it failed to appear properly)
* Skype4COM dll dependency removed, now the plugin calls the Skype API directly.
* Updated to use .NET 4, the previous version uses .NET 2
* Adds automatic mood clearing on stop (2 seconds after actually) or on MusicBee closing
* Adds a <Duration> tag to display the duration in the now playing message

realm174

Actually, looks like they're not retiring it (yet)..

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/07/skype_desktop_u_turn/

I haven't tried your plugin yet, as I just discovered MusicBee yesterday... Going to try it now tho.. :)

kelsos

I was using a single call of the API to change the mood, not sure if it is in the stuff they are going to remove though. My guess is that it will be removed, but in case they don't I will release an updated build.

frogcrush

I kept getting a lockup on my (incredibly slow) laptop every time the song changed. I wrapped the function in a BackgroundWorker and submitted a pull request on your GitHub page. I've been testing it for a big and it seems to work well and as expected.

kelsos

LazR

This plugin no longer works. It worked before then updated skype then saw it stopped working. When trying to enable the plugin it says 'Unable to initialise this plugin. Exception has been thrown by a target of an invocation'.

boroda

skype discontinued their desktop api. you can try older version of skype, but suggest it wont work at all.