Author Topic: Excessive CPU Usage  (Read 2406 times)

EnduringGuerila

Historically (at least 8 years) I haven't had an issue with Musicbee and CPU usage. I have a 9900k and Musicbee, even without music playing, is using tons of resources. Often peaking at 90% which is 100%ing my CPU since I always have other stuff running.
I cannot play games at all with musicbee running anymore. I first noticed this issue 3 weeks ago, I updated Musicbee to "3.3.7491 P" in hopes that would help.

Just as I'm writing this, Musicbee dropped to only 20% usage without music playing. It's also using 1.3GB of ram, which I don't care about too much, but not ideal. I just resumed the music, and after like 30 seconds the usage dropped to 11% while playing FLAC. I don't know what Musicbee is doing in the background and I'm pretty sure it'll start doing it again.
Music Stats at Last.FM
My MusicBee Skin
My Portable MusicBee Setup (panel layout saved in \MusicBee\AppData\Saved Settings\Layouts)

EnduringGuerila

Before posting, I did search for similar issues but I didn't see anything that quite matched my issue. I'm pretty sure I don't have the DNLA plugin and I don't stream music. I have all FLAC and searched the plugin folder for "DNLA" which found nothing.
Music Stats at Last.FM
My MusicBee Skin
My Portable MusicBee Setup (panel layout saved in \MusicBee\AppData\Saved Settings\Layouts)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you do have any plugins, they should show up in your preferences. But I don't suppose anything changed recently with your AV software?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

EnduringGuerila

Yep, Musicbee just spiked to 85% again while playing an album. Stayed like that for 30 seconds, dropped to 10% for 3 seconds, then jumped back to 80%.
Music Stats at Last.FM
My MusicBee Skin

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure I don't have the DNLA plugin and I don't stream music.
Assuming you actually looked for "DNLA" you won't find anything because it is "DLNA." And the dll you should be looking for is mb_Upnp.dll. You should really check the plugins preferences from within MB to see if it's there. Then click on Disable, then on Uninstall, and then go to the plugins folder using a file explorer and make sure mb_Upnp.dll is gone.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

EnduringGuerila

omg, it was DNLA, I overlooked it in the preferences/Plugins section. Disabling it dropped musicbee to 0.1% while playing FLAC. RAM is still at 1GB but I don't care since I have 32GB available and rarely even get close to maxing that.
Music Stats at Last.FM
My MusicBee Skin

EnduringGuerila

phred

• Global Moderator
Thank you !
You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted out.

When you said extremely high CPU usage and that you were "pretty sure" you didn't have this plugin enabled, I said to myself, it's the only plugin for MB that has this behavior. So I figured you must have it installed.
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 10:36:49 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here