Author Topic: Is there an option when searching internet for picture, to always embed in file?  (Read 1688 times)

e8ghtmileshigh

Can I change the setting somewhere so that it automatically embeds instead of having to click that checkbox every time?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes. Make sure embedded is selected as the artwork storage option in Tags (1) preferences. https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Tags_Preferences

You may also want to move Embedded to the top of the list for artwork display.

If you don't want the popup to display at all, you can untick "confirm picture storage options when adding artwork" in General Preferences, but beware that in that case, it will also take the first artwork it finds rather than letting you choose between sources.
Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 12:35:38 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

e8ghtmileshigh

Yes I have that option checked, but every time I search for, or copy and paste an image I need to check the embed box.

Yes. Make sure embedded is selected as the artwork storage option in Tags (1) preferences. https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Tags_Preferences

You may also want to move Embedded to the top of the list for artwork display.

If you don't want the popup to display at all, you can untick "confirm picture storage options when adding artwork" in General Preferences, but beware that in that case, it will also take the first artwork it finds rather than letting you choose between sources.

Steven

• Administrator
you ticked the "embed picture in the music file" option on the left side of the Tags(1)\artwork settings?

e8ghtmileshigh

Steven

• Administrator
In that case there should be no reason for it not to work. Trying now its working fine

phred

• Global Moderator
you ticked the "embed picture in the music file" option on the left side of the Tags(1)\artwork settings?

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

Please post a screenshot of your Tags (1) settings.

Is this happening for all files, or just specific ones? If specific files, are they be marked Read-Only?

What format are the files?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

e8ghtmileshigh

Version 3.3.7367
Installer
All files.
FLAC and MP3

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

Please post a screenshot of your Tags (1) settings.

Is this happening for all files, or just specific ones? If specific files, are they be marked Read-Only?

What format are the files?

Steven

• Administrator
the only thing i can think of is if you are editing files on a device then the device sync settings would be used for how the default artwork is stored

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, if the files already have artwork then it defaults to the original storage method.

As phred said, screenshots might be helpful to show us your settings and process.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)