Author Topic: To Bug, or Not to Bug? Error When Copying Files into Music Library  (Read 774 times)

sbutler860

Greetings.

Recently I have bought a new computer.  Hooray, good for you, I hear you cry.  And since then, since I am such a fan of Musicbee, I've been copying all my albums into it again, because, like an idiot, I didn't save an earlier library to download.

Anyway, that's not the problem.  For most of the last few weeks, Musicbee has not been able to import most files from my hard drive because it says it has been denied access.  Initally, all I had to do was go to that folder and change the permissions, but I've done all that now, and it's still giving me that perishing message:

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38089Store (Win10.0), 21 Sep 2020 12:04:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. [G:\Music & Audio\Benson, George\1977 - Weekend in L.A]
   at #=zwgQoaFeXYDQS6gI8e$hX9yQ=.#=zVoLUnLcvCRpk.#=zYiZmGvE=.#=zPJVhahbwZVc8(#=zcygN4IDIBU_ZntfEhQ== #=zsGWEraw=, FileShare #=zCtuKVTo=, FileOptions #=zFEuO1IU=, Boolean #=zrBpiYlK7zq3p)
   at #=zSPtX8PxuYCouAj0G$V$oWUY_DUFf.#=zPJVhahbwZVc8(#=zcygN4IDIBU_ZntfEhQ== #=zsGWEraw=, FileOptions #=zFEuO1IU=)
   at #=zG2hCvyfU3HWm68Do$Imw10U=.#=zPJVhahbwZVc8(#=zcygN4IDIBU_ZntfEhQ== #=zsGWEraw=, FileOptions #=zFEuO1IU=)
   at #=zJL7AMrBVPih0TGHtAQy6KUc=.#=z2iczoKnVllF5(#=zg_KGGkM= #=zJK4wrFU=)
   at #=zJL7AMrBVPih0TGHtAQy6KUc=.#=zLaDbOf0=()
   at #=zNYwlTW_X2Zpc0qzc2JKdoYw=.#=q0SpGGzdKGiwBunLYDWV9KgrRu0niZYCKdg8CGd_qDe8=._Lambda$__0()

The above is the text of the message.

Now, the folders are now perfectly accessible, so can anybody tell from the above what the problem might be?

I never had this problem before, on Dave (my old computer).

Thanks for any help,
Cheers,
Stephen Butler x

phred

• Global Moderator
It might be something as simple as making sure MB is whitelisted in your AV/Security program.

Steven has the answer and is working on a fix (below.)
Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 01:04:05 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
and also describe how you import files

It looks like you might be drag/dropping a playlist into musicbee? If so, where are you dropping to - the main panel?

Steven

• Administrator
I can see why that error would have happened if that was a folder you dragged into musicbee from windows explorer.
However it is something specific to that folder name which i will fix but most other folders should work fine