Author Topic: Syncing phone with opus files bug?  (Read 1458 times)

dougie18

So I'm syncing files to my phone and converting any lossless files to opus. But on android, the files have a mp3 extension. I know for a fact the opusenc.exe is being used because I can see it utilizing my cpu in task manager. When I inspect the files in windows, the codec reported is mp3 but the bitrate is also 0kb/s. Does Opus use .mp3 as a file extension/container for android playback?

dougie18

So I just tested a local file conversion of FLAC to OPUS and it doesn't exhibit this behaviour. It seems this only happens when doing on the fly conversions for syncing. I guess I'll switch back to aac for now. Someone who has more experience with encoders better might want to check into this.

dougie18

welp, tried just going back to aac but those are being converted to .mp3 files as well. If I just copy aac or opus files over with windows they remain the correct file type and play correctly. Maybe this is a bug with mb. idk, it's stupid late and I'm giving up for now. Any help would be grateful though.

dougie18

Reinstalled MB/ resetting to defaults fixed the issue. I've had the same musicbee installation for a while so I probably tinkered with the wrong settings.